I Miss Old BYC!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm trying it with Chrome now and it has the same choppy scrolling problems I had with firefox. This is the newest version of Chrome. I don't use IE because I have read so many stories about it being insecure. So I really don't want to have to keep FF or Chrome open for everything but BYC and IE open just for BYC. :(

Hmm.. I am using FF and no speed problems. That right hand sidebar thing is really really unnecessary and needs to go, but the site itself is speedy. Maybe it's all the blockers I run on my system (ads/scripts/etc), but have noticed no issues. I do like the new system (but take off that dumb reviews thing! LOL). Then again, I don't mind the new Facebook either. :p

I miss the old BYC also, it's NOT mobile friendly at all. Myself and many others do all their internet via phone and it is much more difficult now on here. Maybe a BYC APP?

I cant see any ones avatar. I just need some time to work everything out and learn how to do stuff and then im sure i will love it. How can i fix it? also do we still have a page?

Anyone try downloading and using Safari? You can download it even if you have a pc. The site runs great on one of my old laptops on the safari. I am in the sticks up on a ridge with dsl getting 6 mgs a second.
I love the new site! The old site was nice...but not very modern. I wasn't impressed with the look of the old site, for me it was the content and all the great people and the chickens of course! I am super PROUD of our new site and will be showing it to friends and family. It looks amazing we have brought chickens out of barns and into the citys and into a more modern platform that I feel is better then "fake book" any day! We should all be grateful to the BYC staff, cause if it wasn't for them we wouldn't have this amazing community!!!! Change is tough sometimes...but we should all embrace it. Change has to be made, we all have to grow up and have to make change for the better and thats what BYC did..it made a huge change for the better. We HAVE the BEST forum right here..those other ones...not so great. Hang in there fellow byc'rs and we will get through all the bumps and rough spots and lets help our staff to spit polish this new site to a shine! In a month...this all wont matter...your gonna say..."this really is a great site"
I want to give a big Thank youto the staff and other PPM's and GFM's for all the hard work you have done and still are doing to get the site up and in working order!

Anyone try downloading and using Safari? You can download it even if you have a pc. The site runs great on one of my old laptops on the safari. I am in the sticks up on a ridge with dsl getting 6 mgs a second.
I love the new site! The old site was nice...but not very modern. I wasn't impressed with the look of the old site, for me it was the content and all the great people and the chickens of course! I am super PROUD of our new site and will be showing it to friends and family. It looks amazing we have brought chickens out of barns and into the citys and into a more modern platform that I feel is better then "fake book" any day! We should all be grateful to the BYC staff, cause if it wasn't for them we wouldn't have this amazing community!!!! Change is tough sometimes...but we should all embrace it. Change has to be made, we all have to grow up and have to make change for the better and thats what BYC did..it made a huge change for the better. We HAVE the BEST forum right here..those other ones...not so great. Hang in there fellow byc'rs and we will get through all the bumps and rough spots and lets help our staff to spit polish this new site to a shine! In a month...this all wont matter...your gonna say..."this really is a great site"
I want to give a big Thank youto the staff and other PPM's and GFM's for all the hard work you have done and still are doing to get the site up and in working order!

I tested this platform with safari 4 and 5 and Firefox with a G4 G5 and the intel chip. Works well all the way around except for a copy paste issue with pics that needs some tweeks. I am on satellite.

I cant see any ones avatar. I just need some time to work everything out and learn how to do stuff and then im sure i will love it. How can i fix it? also do we still have a page?

There is a profile setting to not see avatars or signatures. That might have have accidental been clicked.
BTW, for people on dial up, that setting will help speed things up, loading all the avatars takes time and bandwidth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom