I Miss Old BYC!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know FF3.6 is old but I hate the newer versions. But I'm using IE9 right now and it's working much better. However, I am so used to FF that I rarely use any other browser, and any site where I have to use a different browser usually just ends up forgotten. Obviously I won't forget this one but I will likely only visit when I need answers about something.

I did swtich to the BB editor but it still has all the buttons.

Which version of IE?

You will find Firefox or Chrome are 5 times faster on the internet.

IE? You mean Internet Exploder?
You will find Firefox or Chrome are 5 times more stable in the interwebs.
yippiechickie.gif

I gotta just say that I'm one of those anal retentive people that hate change. I hated it with FB, but I got used to it--grudgingly. I hate that I get that way, but as with anything else, I will eventually embrace it.

I gotta just say that I'm one of those anal retentive people that hate change. I hated it with FB, but I got used to it--grudgingly. I hate that I get that way, but as with anything else, I will eventually embrace it.

I agree, the FB change is a perfect example of what is happening now with BYC not many like it at first, but eventualy we get used to it and like you said, embrace it
sad.png
>
hmm.png
>
cool.png
>
smile.png
>
big_smile.png
>
lol.png
>
celebrate.gif

It's so slow between pages and any time you change sections and I'm set up for mega streaming for games and videos & no I'm not changing to FF or Chrome.... I should not have to and I don't embrace it. I just won't be sitting here waiting for it to load or refresh. So goodbye to what was a good site.
See-ya.
No need for PM's I won' be here waiting for them to load.

Thanks for all the info and direction previously recieved from all.

The features are nice but I am finding the site is slow.

The designers should have remembered that many folks who are owned by our chickens live in rural communities that DO NOT have broadband. The chickens only have access to dialup or satellite internet and so that's what we need to use.
smile.png

Ruthster and the other roosters have made the decision to live in a rural area so that we are allowed to proclaim the time when the sun comes up....we can't just up and move to Downtown Metro (with unlimited broadband but also sky-high rents and homeless ppl) because the city slickers won't tolerate our Ur-Urrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!
wink.png

The features are nice but I am finding the site is slow.

The designers should have remembered that many folks who are owned by our chickens live in rural communities that DO NOT have broadband.  The chickens only have access to dialup or satellite internet and so that's what we need to use.  :)

Ruthster and the other roosters have made the decision to live in a rural area so that we are allowed to proclaim the time when the sun comes up....we can't just up and move to Downtown Metro (with unlimited broadband but also sky-high rents and homeless ppl) because the city slickers won't tolerate our Ur-Urrrrrrrrrrr!!!!! ;)

That's a really good point and one I hadn't thought of. We're lucky to have dsl here but only through our phone co-op. For a long time only dialup was available and only from the same source. AT&T, Verizon, etc have never offered internet where I live. Even Hughes Net doesn't service our area. I had dialup for 8 yrs and if I had to deal with the site like it is now on dialup there's no way I'd be able to handle it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom