I Miss Old BYC!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
most of you wippersnappers don't even know what the old BYC was
tongue.png
... the old EZboard ... them were the days :)

Yeah, back then our screens were chalkboards and our keyboards had wooden keys...
old.gif

I want to say something and GEEZ, I hope I don't cause any fighting with this. First I have to say that I am having not one single problem with anything. I can scroll with no problem, my speed is the same as it always was, I can post comments and reply's, I haven't tried to post pictures, the spell check works fine and so far I can get anywhere that I've tried. My only comment on the negative is this and please don't get mad at me. I really did love the auction part of BYC. I've bought quite a few times from here and love the folks that I have dealt with. Now with all this said, I am like this. If someone changes something and I don't like it, I just don't bother with it any more. I'm not saying this in a smart way but I've gotten plenty of different breeds to raise my own now from my own eggs and I'm glad because I do not like the new set up and I won't use it anymore. I will still read up on the breed threads etc but for the auction part, it will be saving me some money because now I won't buy anymore. lol I don't like this set up as well as the older version but I don't particularly like a lot of the changes in this world over the past 60+ years. We older folks have to do one of two things, accept the changes and learn how to work with them or just close our eyes and not worry about the changes. I'm not saying that any of this isn't good, it is just that it doesn't suit me. But I am only one person on here and maybe the other 9 out of 10 do like it.
God Bless you all and I hope that you all have a wonderful day.
Are we having fun yet???????????

I do see a bit of slowness when I post or send a PM, but nothing even close to a problem.

I think people just have to give it a while, and think about all the hard work and dedication that was put in to conceptualize, design, and convert this site. I think many people maybe can't internalize how much work goes into a MAJOR system upgrade like this.

Thanks, Rob & crew!

oh I just read the title! I too miss the old byc. this one is slow and too much crap on it. advertisments and all. seems silly to rant again, after all theres already threads on this. I will not be on here much since this new site has been on.... its a shame. I know it was nescessary still sucks.

In order to make sure my ahemm, whining was in the right perspective, I asked my husband and he pointed out that in these harsh economic times
he has seen many forum boards go by the wayside, and I should just be glad this forum is still available.

So, I am.

But
duc.gif

it will get better, it will get better, it will get better

fl.gif

Yep, smart man! I dont think we can find another one as ACTIVE as this BYC. After all I have to stick around for my breed sections because they are just as important as our members of the club. I have encouraged them to not only join the breed club but also go in BYC for tons of information at their fingertips and valuable resources.

In order to make sure my ahemm, whining was in the right perspective, I asked my husband and he pointed out that in these harsh economic times
he has seen many forum boards go by the wayside, and I should just be glad this forum is still available.

So, I am.

But
duc.gif

it will get better, it will get better, it will get better

fl.gif

I am learning...slowly! The only thing I really hate is that my Firefox spell checker no longer works! If I click on the misspelled underlined word I get [paste] Weird...that is what it does for cutting and pasting--which I have now figured out. I have FF 9. something..the newest one. I think the reason I am having trouble with this particular "update" is that I like to spell check as I go...not at the end. But I will get used to it.

One other thing...(I have read a bunch and have discovered all kinds of new things today--like fixing my avatar--wait until I tell the rest of the Cheese heads!) does any one know how to turn off the stuff on the right side...those review things? I dont want to read them all the time! (they dont use spell check! :) ) I like my forum to go all the way across! OK--I think that's all...wait! One more...any way to get the Smilies back like they were or at lest so they can stay on and you dont have to load them every time? (Petty I know!) LOL!

Now I am really done....thanks to all the Mods, Staff and other helpers for being open to questions! Love you all (and most everyone else on BYC TOO)
Terri O

Last edited:
I am learning...slowly!  The only thing I really hate is that my Firefox spell checker no longer works! If I click on the misspelled underlined word I get [paste] Weird...that is what it does for cutting and pasting--which I have now figured out.   I have FF 9. something..the newest one.  I think the reason I am having trouble with this particular "update" is that I like to spell check as I go...not at the end.  But I will get used to it.

One other thing...(I have read a bunch and have discovered all kinds of new things today--like fixing my avatar--wait until I tell the rest of the Cheese heads!) does any one know how to turn off the stuff on the right side...those review things? I dont want to read them all the time! (they dont use spell check! :) ) I like my forum to go all the way across!  OK--I think that's all...wait!  One more...any way to get the Smilies back like they were or at lest so they can stay on and you dont have to load them every time? (Petty I know!) LOL!

Now I am really done....thanks to all the Mods, Staff and other helpers for being open to questions!  Love you all (and most everyone else on BYC TOO)
Terri O

If you use the other editor (not full page but whatever the other one is called) your spell checker should work. It still has all the buttons for bold, italic, etc but it's just not as straightforward.

Adblock will get rid of the stuff on the right but I didn't have any luck with the firefox version of it. I'm using Chrome for the board and the adblock works a different way in it. Chrome has a spell check similar to the one in Firefox too. At first I was reluctant to even visit because I like my old version of FF and it wasn't working well with the board. I thought there was no way I wanted to have two browsers open but now after just a few days, I'm used to it. So I'm using Chrome for the BYC board (and also for pinterest and my google reader blogs because they all also work better in Chrome) and FF for everything else like I'm used to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom