I Miss Old BYC!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, in case you want to change the editor permanently (instead of hitting the button under every thread) do this:
go to profile
click on account details
under site preferences choose BB code editor
click save

Installed another browser on my computer and just use it for byc ..... (still seems odd that I would need to do that,but addiction what can you do
lol.png
) Still don't know if I like the site or not,I'm just now getting to look at everything...seems to take longer to get around the site
roll.png
..Is there any way to stop having to hit the "don't subscribe" after I reply to something?? thanks for the help wkc

Last edited:
I havent seen anyone mention that you can't click the back arrow. At least it doesn't work on my computer. I have cable internet, and use IE. I'm not going to switch to anything else just for this site..
And the white & blue is annoying on the eyes...

I am learning...slowly! The only thing I really hate is that my Firefox spell checker no longer works! If I click on the misspelled underlined word I get [paste] Weird...that is what it does for cutting and pasting--which I have now figured out. I have FF 9. something..the newest one. I think the reason I am having trouble with this particular "update" is that I like to spell check as I go...not at the end. But I will get used to it.

One other thing...(I have read a bunch and have discovered all kinds of new things today--like fixing my avatar--wait until I tell the rest of the Cheese heads!) does any one know how to turn off the stuff on the right side...those review things? I dont want to read them all the time! (they dont use spell check! :) ) I like my forum to go all the way across! OK--I think that's all...wait! One more...any way to get the Smilies back like they were or at lest so they can stay on and you dont have to load them every time? (Petty I know!) LOL!

Now I am really done....thanks to all the Mods, Staff and other helpers for being open to questions! Love you all (and most everyone else on BYC TOO)
Terri O

Try using Ctrl + right click for spell check.

GFM's and PPM's have the option of turning off the ads and the right column. The ads keep the site free, so we can't turn them off for everyone.

Here's the updated GFM/PPM info:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/byc-memberships-help-support-backyardchickens

I havent seen anyone mention that you can't click the back arrow. At least it doesn't work on my computer. I have cable internet, and use IE. I'm not going to switch to anything else just for this site..
And the white & blue is annoying on the eyes...

We had this trouble in the sandbox, but this is the first I've heard of it now that we've converted. Is there certain areas you can't use the browser back button, or not at all? I'm on Firefox and haven't had this trouble, except when we were in the sandbox - and yeah, it drove me batty because I use it all the time.

Last edited:
Installed another browser on my computer and just use it for byc ..... (still seems odd that I would need to do that,but addiction what can you do
lol.png
) Still don't know if I like the site or not,I'm just now getting to look at everything...seems to take longer to get around the site
roll.png
..Is there any way to stop having to hit the "don't subscribe" after I reply to something?? thanks for the help wks
Have you tried these?

https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/speed-up-your-byc
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...-have-personally-found-is-working-for-me/0_50

Thanks for the help now that I am trying to misspell I am not doing it! Figures! I just got used to FF for another site that I frequent so I guess I will be staying with that. I dont have any probs with ads at all...I just dislike those "reviews" on the right for about 5 posts in a thread.....thanks again! Terri O

Well I just want to say thank you for the new forum, I think it's great an though I have yet to find all my stuff most of it though, but I'm working on it I found out how to upload pictures and found my threads.....
I like the new look haven't had any problems with slow and scroll issues. I have a 5 year old Sony Vaio, that is slow to begin with only have 756 MB of ram, our DSL is so slow it's almost dial up way out here, and I have been cruising along on the new forum just fine. Has anyone tried running maintenance on there puters or changing browsers, We use Fire Fox 9.0.1, and that seems the same as it was on the old site.
Delete your old cookie files sometimes a new site will work better if old cookies are deleted. I have to do this with my bank at least once a month or it quits working. we also run add blocker, and pop up blocker, haven't seen any difference at all.
We went through a similar change over at ECFans several years ago, it even took me awhile to even find it again, but it was way worse than this. If you read the tuts you will figure it out, there is so many good members here!! I hate to see anyone leave because of the changes, maybe it won't be easy, but anyone who tries to figure it out eventually will. and this old lady surely will.

Thank You guys for your hard work in making this new BYC even better............

Can anyone tell me how to leave feed back after buying in the auction area? Maybe it's already mentioned on this thread somewhere, but I can't sit here that long and read through it all. :) This way, I know it is in my profile, and I can see if anyone posted back on this. Thanks!

To avoid automatically being subscribed to threads you view:

Click subscriptions (upper right hand corner of page, near link to PM's)

Scroll down to a dropdown labeled Default New

Select don't subscribe

Of course you can still subscribe to a thread -- you just have to select "subscribe" at the top or bottom of that thread.

Can anyone tell me how to leave feed back after buying in the auction area? Maybe it's already mentioned on this thread somewhere, but I can't sit here that long and read through it all. :) This way, I know it is in my profile, and I can see if anyone posted back on this. Thanks!

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/620276/bst-discussion/0_50

To avoid automatically being subscribed to threads you view:

Click subscriptions (upper right hand corner of page, near link to PM's)

Scroll down to a dropdown labeled Default New

Select don't subscribe

Of course you can still subscribe to a thread -- you just have to select "subscribe" at the top or bottom of that thread.

You can accomplish this from the Edit Account Details part of My Profile too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom