I must be crazy

ozark_chickies

Songster
8 Years
Jun 19, 2011
Arkansas
Or a chickohalic
roll.png
. We just placed a order fo 34 more chicks with Cackle Hatchery. My chicken math isn't all that great, but when we get them I will have over 100 chickens
D.gif
.I picked 10 RIR pullets, and 10 EE pullets with 2 cockerels. My husband the enabler, added 5 Black Australorp pullets and 1 roo, and 5 Light Brahma pullets and 1 roo.

I was planning on getting eggs for my incubator, but how could I say no when DH offered to order chicks?

duc.gif
ep.gif
ep.gif
duc.gif
ONE HUNDRED?????? HOW DO YOU KEEP THEM ALL SAFE? FED? WOW!! Do you name them all? I am sitting here wondering if 6 might be too many for me. haha.

Quote:
He loves them just as much as I do, but he says I'm the chickoholic.

Lil'ChickFarm
Today 11:25 am ONE HUNDRED?????? HOW DO YOU KEEP THEM ALL SAFE?

They have a covered run for days I can't be here, but most days they free range. They are not 100% safe but they are happy.

FED?

Free ranging helps feed them, and I buy 1$ trays (12-14 bags) of bread at the bakery for snacks, they get garden vegtables, and I spend 50$ a month at the feed store for them and the rabbits.

Do you name them all?

We only name the ones that we can tell apart, and that stand out in someway. They are all really sweet, and I have been known to call them 'the kids".​

And my husband thinks that I am bad! LOL we have 7 adults/older pullets and just got our 14 chicks in the mail today. I was only supposed to order 6 but since silkies r strait run so I had to add a few more to make sure we get pullets and he mentioned he wanted some big birds for eggs....
idunno.gif
so......... I got him 2 standard brahma pullets. He says that when all is said and done I can only have 6 but the other night after a few beers he slipped n said 6-8.......
fl.gif
another night of drinking (few and far between) and I can keep getting the number up
lau.gif
Im thinkin 12 would be enough but 100!
ep.gif
WOW

Back
Top Bottom