I must be crazy

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by ozark_chickies, Jul 29, 2011.

1. ozark_chickies

ozark_chickies Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 19, 2011
    Arkansas
    Or a chickohalic [​IMG] . We just placed a order fo 34 more chicks with Cackle Hatchery. My chicken math isn't all that great, but when we get them I will have over 100 chickens [​IMG] .I picked 10 RIR pullets, and 10 EE pullets with 2 cockerels. My husband the enabler, added 5 Black Australorp pullets and 1 roo, and 5 Light Brahma pullets and 1 roo.

I was planning on getting eggs for my incubator, but how could I say no when DH offered to order chicks?

2. Real McChicks

Real McChicks Out Of The Brooder

Jul 20, 2011
    California
    Yep- you are chicken crazy! The good news is that your husband is chicken crazy too, otherwise 100 chickens might be an issue!

3. Lil'ChickFarm

Lil'ChickFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 27, 2011
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] ONE HUNDRED?????? HOW DO YOU KEEP THEM ALL SAFE? FED? WOW!! Do you name them all? I am sitting here wondering if 6 might be too many for me. haha.

4. ozark_chickies

ozark_chickies Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 19, 2011
    Arkansas
    Quote:He loves them just as much as I do, but he says I'm the chickoholic.

Lil'ChickFarm
    Today 11:25 am ONE HUNDRED?????? HOW DO YOU KEEP THEM ALL SAFE?

They have a covered run for days I can't be here, but most days they free range. They are not 100% safe but they are happy.

FED?

Free ranging helps feed them, and I buy 1$ trays (12-14 bags) of bread at the bakery for snacks, they get garden vegtables, and I spend 50$ a month at the feed store for them and the rabbits.

Do you name them all?

We only name the ones that we can tell apart, and that stand out in someway. They are all really sweet, and I have been known to call them 'the kids".​

5. Gerry2011

Gerry2011 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2011
    NW Arkansas
    Aaaahhhhhhh.........the enabler hubby:hugs [​IMG] [​IMG] We should all be so lucky [​IMG]

6. duckinnut

duckinnut Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2010
    Marshfield, Ma.
    I am no doctor nor expert but sounds like you got a textbook case of chickenaddus mathbadlyosis!

7. the Pollo Loco

the Pollo Loco Chillin' With My Peeps

May 27, 2009
    Santa Cruz,CA
    Must be nice to have the space for that many birds [​IMG]

8. 2hot2chicken

2hot2chicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 15, 2011
    Beaverton
    And my husband thinks that I am bad! LOL we have 7 adults/older pullets and just got our 14 chicks in the mail today. I was only supposed to order 6 but since silkies r strait run so I had to add a few more to make sure we get pullets and he mentioned he wanted some big birds for eggs.... [​IMG] so......... I got him 2 standard brahma pullets. He says that when all is said and done I can only have 6 but the other night after a few beers he slipped n said 6-8....... [​IMG] another night of drinking (few and far between) and I can keep getting the number up [​IMG] Im thinkin 12 would be enough but 100! [​IMG] WOW

9. Lil'ChickFarm

Lil'ChickFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 27, 2011
    lol, and I was wondering if I should go up to SIX. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by