I must be insane!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Riocotesei, Sep 26, 2008.

1. Riocotesei

Riocotesei Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 15, 2008
    N.Texas
    Well I finished my first hatch just last sunday. I figured that I'd wait a few weeks and rest enjoy the babaies and all. Well I went to pick up some bottle calves the other day and the lady and I got to talking about chickens.
    Along with a young banty pullet she gave me about 10 eggs to incubate for free! I couldn't resist, I'm just plain crazy. I thew in some of my chickens eggs all of which are probably mutts except for 2 silkie eggs. I went to a friends house who hatches quail and he had an extra turner woot!!! I borrowed that, set up the bator, and Today counts as day one. I think that thing turns them 6 times a day or so...it's soooo easy I'm in heaven! I just counted and I have 32 eggs in there! Thats just one less than what I had my last hatch so I can compare it to see how much better it is to have a turner. I'm also going to try the carton method for the first time as well.
    Here's to hoping to have a better than 24% hatch rate on Oct 16!!

2. chickenma

chickenma Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 8, 2008
    North Carolina
    good luck. I will keep my fingers cross for you [​IMG]

3. Riocotesei

Riocotesei Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 15, 2008
    N.Texas
    [​IMG] Thanks!!

4. magikchick

magikchick ~FEATHERFOOTED DIVA~

Apr 21, 2007
    SW Florida
    I know what you mean about being insane. My eggs are due to hatch next week and I'm tell myself I need to wait till these chicks are at lease 6 weeks old before starting more. But I found this lady on craigs list that sells silkie eggs. She has buff and partridge which is just what I've been looking for. I really am trying to hold out, really I am.

5. lockedhearts

lockedhearts It's All About Chicken Math

Apr 29, 2007
    Georgia
    I don't think you are insane. I mean FREE is FREE right? Who can call you insane for getting something free......

6. the simple life

the simple life Chillin' With My Peeps

If it makes you feel any better I woulda done the same thing.[​IMG]

7. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

Apr 20, 2008
    Birnamwood, Wisconsin
    Nope not insane...just like the rest of us here! [​IMG] OK, maybe OTHERS think we are all insane (my niece) but WE don't think we are [​IMG]

8. Bluedog420

Bluedog420 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2008
    Cartersville, Ky
    I would hatch a golf ball if possible...getting ready to put 2 dozen buff orpington egg's in the bator as soon as I go outside...lol...Hatch em if ya got em...Peace

9. seriousbill

seriousbill Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2008
    Ohio
    Quote:[​IMG] Amen!

10. Opa

Opa Opa-wan Chickenobi

May 11, 2008
    Howell Michigan
    Quote:[​IMG][/img] Now that's funny. True for most of us, but still funny

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by