I must be insane!!

Riocotesei

Songster
11 Years
Aug 15, 2008
N.Texas
Well I finished my first hatch just last sunday. I figured that I'd wait a few weeks and rest enjoy the babaies and all. Well I went to pick up some bottle calves the other day and the lady and I got to talking about chickens.
Along with a young banty pullet she gave me about 10 eggs to incubate for free! I couldn't resist, I'm just plain crazy. I thew in some of my chickens eggs all of which are probably mutts except for 2 silkie eggs. I went to a friends house who hatches quail and he had an extra turner woot!!! I borrowed that, set up the bator, and Today counts as day one. I think that thing turns them 6 times a day or so...it's soooo easy I'm in heaven! I just counted and I have 32 eggs in there! Thats just one less than what I had my last hatch so I can compare it to see how much better it is to have a turner. I'm also going to try the carton method for the first time as well.
Here's to hoping to have a better than 24% hatch rate on Oct 16!!

good luck. I will keep my fingers cross for you
fl.gif

I know what you mean about being insane. My eggs are due to hatch next week and I'm tell myself I need to wait till these chicks are at lease 6 weeks old before starting more. But I found this lady on craigs list that sells silkie eggs. She has buff and partridge which is just what I've been looking for. I really am trying to hold out, really I am.

I don't think you are insane. I mean FREE is FREE right? Who can call you insane for getting something free......

I would hatch a golf ball if possible...getting ready to put 2 dozen buff orpington egg's in the bator as soon as I go outside...lol...Hatch em if ya got em...Peace

Back
Top Bottom