I must be insane!!

Maybe the insanity here is catching?
big_smile.png

Yeah thats I how I feel about it too! I love the experience it is and since I have a turner I should have a better hatch rate!!
jumpy.gif

I have a bathroom that has turned into a brooder room. I have 3 diff brooders with lights and everything in there. If we leave the door open we just hear peeping ALL the time. I think there are 21 chicks in there! I'm crazy!
There is a guy thats just 10 minutes away from me and I can go get almost any type of chicken there at any age. I keep making ex cusses to go there...and I'm running out!! Lol.
lau.gif

I'm not suffering from insanity, I'm ENJOYING it!!! LOL
tongue2.gif
bun.gif

Putting the eggs in a egg carton, big end up in the incubator. There are some threads about it on here, a search would find many.

I just put some eggs in the bator today, I have a few more arriving in ten-twelve days, and when they are all out, *if* my barred rocks have started laying, I'm planning to incubate a number of them as well. My new coop is insulated, I can run electricity to it for a heat lamp or three, no problem. Surely I can have three or four batches or juvies out there at once this winter, lol.

And I can't tell you how tempted I've been to pick up some eggs from people selling them on the local classifieds, but I'm already thinking I'll have to build a third, or possibly fourth (very small) coop before thanksgiving, and coop #2 isnt' finished yet.

Definitely a catchy sickness.

Yeah we need another 2-3 coops... lol I have probably...60 chickens now...and I plan on incubating more after this batch... I may end up with some hatchery birds in the spring, and I'm going to order eggs too. I just can't stop!

Back
Top Bottom