I need a 12 step program

Why would we cure you? You might be our next connection to that rare breed we've been looking for... We NEED you.

There are so many WORSE things to be addicted to than chickens, I consider myself blessed that this is my weakness.

That 12-step program is right on the mark! I only wanted about 12 Silkies, and I couldn't find them locally so I borrowed a LG from my cousin and ordered eggs on EBAY. Well, I had problems with my humidity, so I searched the web for help-and found BYC! That was about two months ago-now I have 5 Silkie chicks (from two different hatches), 3 designer eggs due to hatch Thursday, 2 BR Turkey and 4 LF ducks to hatch NEXT Thursday, then more on the 17th, and the 19th, and the 24th......plus I just got a PM from someone who is sending 18(!!!!!) quail eggs to "test"!!!
th.gif
th.gif
th.gif
I think it's safe to say.....I HAVE AN ADDICTION-BUT I DON'T WANT A CURE!!!!!!
tongue2.gif

Ok how about this one ? Yesterday I was working on the turkey pen and I got a tick on me. Ick !!!!! So last night I convinced DF that we need to save up money to fence in the whole yard so my birds will take care of the ticks. I can't believe he bought that.

No more guineas for me. Not after I had one that decided to go up on a three story house that wasn't mine. Neighbors are not guinea friendly.

:barnieHello everyone.... (standing up in room)

My name is Mary Ann and I am a chicken a holic....and need a
112 STEP PROGRAM!

I confess...... that

I have a 20 x 21 coop I build in the pig pen (no pig)
I have 80 estimated chickens that some free range there!
I have 29 "3 week olds" in the brooder....
I have 24 eggs (day 4) in the bator......
I am trying creative ways to invite my adult children and their families to "enjoy" building another coop as a fun family project
I confess my oldest sons girfriend said I talk about chickens too much
I LIE ACTUALLY LIE to my husband about the feed bill and how many chickes we have
I explain how GOOD AND DELICIOUS chickens are and we will help our budget (ummmm riiiigggghhhhttt!)
I confess I want chcieksn in E-V-E-R-Y COLOR AND BREED

PLEASE some one help me?????

LOL then yep fencing not guineas. I don't have neighbors that are too close and that don't also hate the number of ticks we have here due to deer.

I get ticks every time I'm outside of the fenced/cleared property where the chickens don't go - ugh. At least the dogs get frontline plus, me I just suffer.

I'll have bourbon red and sweetgrass/RP - calicos next year if anyone is making a want list. LOLOLOL

Ok can someone tell me which step this should fall under ? I have chickens in the basement. Not just chicks in brooders. I have those too ofcourse. In the basement and in the garage. What I'm talking about is a trio of free ranging chickens in the basement. They are going into the chicken tractor that I'm supposed to be painting. I swear I will work on it tomorrow !!

ok, so a yr. ago hubby and i bought a house with 3+ acres, you know lots of room for our 6 kids to run and scream and i could pretend to ignore them and not have to hear the neighbors. Only.... recently we decided to get some chickens and ducks. we did our research and finally bought some RIR, black stars and ruens. But that wasn't enough for me, black orpingtons are not found easily around me and i want the blacks. so i found an obscure listing on craigslist.com and drove 6 hrs. for several black orpingtons. then we we got there there was this lonely silver duckwing bantam, so I had to have her. Now i am plotting on driving 3 hrs. away and getting some barnevelders and some other rare birds from www.littlehatchery.com. right now all my chicks are in brooders, my first ones are 6-7 wks and in an outside brooder. he just finished building the coop for all the ones we have and i didn't have the heart to tell him, that we will need a bigger one and that we really need a bigger run too. well, maybe not a bigger run. the coop and run are built on the back of the garden and became part of the back fence of the garden, so we can let them free range in the garden.

I never thought i'd like chickens, but i have definately caught the bug and so have my kids. they are naming all the chicks and have gotten good at handling and feeding the chicks & ducks, only around a parent though and we have gotten excellent at hand washing. lol i always buy more chicks than we talk about buying "just in case", but have yet to have a prob. other than going chicken crazy.

I think I need to join this program.
I'm Rose and I am an addict.
It started with two Easter Egg Roosters. Which we put in a 10x10 coop.
Then we inherited 8 Bantam Hens and Roosters - We put them in the coop with the roosters-then we built a 100 ft. run for them.
Then I made the fatal mistake of going to TSC and picked up 11 chicks - we made a brooder for them out of our cattle's water trough.
The 11 chicks all got their feathers and needed to come out of the brooder- so we took our old calf shed and made them their own personal coop!

Then someone had the bright idea to give me an incubator - I admit it I took it and immediately went on an egg search!

Yesterday my husband told me that someone he works with wants to give us three of his chicks which are about the same age as my 11.

I have decided that my husband is an enabler!
wee.gif

Back
Top Bottom