I need a 12 step program

Thanks to all of you for the proper justification.

I'm disabled and this is my therapy.
smile.png

While I was gone from the forum I moved chicks around. I now have 7 brooders going and another hatch due in a few days. My new problem is I just ran out of smaller waterers. I just bought 2 on Sunday. Now what ? Oh and I did work on the turkey pen too. I went as far as I can without help.

Any old dish filled with rocks can hold water until you get to a payday and another waterer. Sure you have to change it often but what the heck.

Bwahahahaa I'm in the fencing program, got some e-twine and a new charger to give them even more safe areas to hang out in. Just cleared the line last weekend.

Hot fence is more to keep the varmints and the varmint dogs OUT than the feathered buggers in. I've got one d..... turkey that wants to lay her eggs on dirt under a bush and NEVER in a coop or enclosure, so here I am fencing over 600 ft in so she can pick a place that suits her idiot nature.

I'm sick to death of digging eggs out of a mix of kudzu, blackberry, primrose and poison ivy, ticks and every darn other thorny thing that grows in Tennessee.

Though I could put red brand and t-posts to good use.

Well I have 21 in the hatcher, 11 under a broody, 3 more peahen eggs under a broody. I have 10 that are 4 weeks old. Waiting for 12+ lavender orpington eggs and one dozen black orpington eggs. My husband just told me he would give me the money to buy 10 black copper marans from Jessee and Janice for Mothers Day. By the way, I do love my husband. He feeds my addiction, LOL. Anyway I am going to be very busy for quite a while with all of this and I couldn't be happier about it. Thanks BYC, all of you feed my addiction as well, LOL.
ya.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif

I've got a roll of chicken wire and six 2x4's - add hinges and some screws and I've got the brooder program well under way...
lau.gif
lau.gif
gig.gif

DH said he knew where we could build a 12x16 shed, how we'd set up the run, and how the door would open onto the yard!
ya.gif

Considering he told me last week that he's just not that into my chickens, I consider that a MAJOR milestone towards a workable compromise
big_smile.png
(He said the basement smelled like a petting zoo. He said it like that was a bad thing.)

Back
Top Bottom