I need a broody hen!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by milleryardchx, Jun 12, 2009.

1. milleryardchx

milleryardchx Songster

May 25, 2008
    Washington State
    Ok my incubator is full i have eggs sitting under my uncles hen 30 miles away. I need a broody hen! I want to get some turkey eggs and I have no place to put them [​IMG] sooooooo I wish i wish upon a star one of my 12 hens go broody! or two hen to fit those big eggs under but I wont be choosy. I have had hens for two years never had one go broody I should be happy but not even my brahma has gone broody and that breed i thought was know for going broody

2. giasmom

giasmom Songster

Mar 31, 2009
    Woodville, Al
    I too wish I had a broody. Until then I guess I will keep building more bators! [​IMG]

3. okiehen

okiehen Songster

Oct 25, 2007
    Oklahoma
    I have broody hens. I have 3 new girls that have gone broody this makes the grand total this year of 10 broodys. [​IMG]
    Get you some golf balls put 3 or 4 per nest.
    This is a good year for them its been mild weather.
    I'm going to set 2 of them with eggs this weekend. If they want to set I'm going to set them. I just need for someone to give me some chick tractors. And I'd be good to go.[​IMG]
    I'm sending broody vibes your way. [​IMG]
    The breeds of my hens are American game hens and American game cross hens, and a pure black australorp hen.

4. milleryardchx

milleryardchx Songster

May 25, 2008
    Washington State
    I have barred rocks, buff brahma, rhode island red, golden sex links, BO, Australorps and Leghorns so for the most part I have breeds that were breed for egg not broodness but come on just 1 would be nice [​IMG] my luck I wish for this then they all will go and then I will have no eggs for 2to 3 months haha

Quote:

Last edited: Jun 12, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: