Look around on this website and be sure to print anything that catches your eye. He apparently has problems with hackers/spammers and it goes down from time to time. I've used several of the recipes here with good results.
Roast Muscovy Duck 1 four-pound Muscovy duck Salt, if desired Freshly ground pepper 1 teaspoon peanut oil 1/3 cup coarsely chopped celery 1/3 cup coarsely chopped onion 1/3 cup coarsely chopped carrot 1/2 bay leaf 1/2 teaspoon thyme 1 clove garlic, crushed 1/3 cup dry white wine 1/2 cup chicken broth 2 tablespoons butter.
1. Preheat oven to 475 degrees.
2. Cut off the wing tips and wing joint of the duck. Leave the main wing bone intact. Remove the fat from inside the duck and rub it all over the duck.
3. Sprinkle the duck, inside and out, with salt and pepper to taste. Brush the duck with the oil.
4. Arrange the duck breast-side up in a roasting pan. Add the cutoff wing bones, gizzard and cavity fat. Bake 30 minutes and pour off the fat from the roasting pan. Return the duck to the oven and scatter the celery, onion, carrot, bay leaf, thyme and garlic around the duck. Bake 15 minutes longer if you wish the duck to be medium rare. Or bake it 30 minutes or longer if you wish your duck well done.
5. Transfer the duck to a warm platter. Pour the fat from the roasting pan, leaving the vegetables in the pan. Place the pan on the stove and cook the vegetables briefly, stirring. Add the wine and let boil about one minute.
6. Add the broth and accumulated cavity drippings from the duck and cook, stirring, about five minutes. Strain the broth and solids, pushing the solids with the back of a spoon to extract as much liquid as possible.
7. Heat the butter in a small saucepan, swirling it around until it takes on a nice hazelnut color. Do not burn. Pour the butter over the duck. Carve and serve with the hot pan sauce
At a glance
1 Muscovy Duck, whole
1 orange, sliced
1 tangerine (or other citrus), sliced
1 onion, quartered
1 T. ground peppercorns
1 T. ground fennel seed
1 t. ground anise
1 t. ground cinnamon
1 t. ground coriander
1/2 t. ground clove
Preheat oven to 500 degrees F.
Pat the duck dry with paper towels. Place the orange, tangerine and onion in the cavity of the duck.
Using a fork, prick the duck all over, just through the skin to the meat.
Mix spices and rub all over duck, place on a flat rack in a roasting pan.
Place the duck in the oven for 15 minutes, then reduce to 375 degrees F and roast for another 1 1/2 hours. Prick the skin every 20 minutes to release the fat.
When the bird is golden, and the juices run clear when the underside is pricked, remove from oven and allow to rest for 7 to 10 minutes before carving.
Either of these two recipies are ones we use and they are yummy
I like to cut the boneless skinless breasts into bits size pieces and grill in a grill pan on the grill for about 3 - 6 min. It cooks fast, so don't over cook, medium rare but not past medium (I drizzle with EVOO and what ever spices I like and then grill)
Then serve on flat bread with the grilled meat, tomatoes, onions, and tzatziki sauce, (Cucumber chopped fine, a dash of chopped fine onion, chopped garlic and greek yogurt or sour cream!)
So yummy, fast, and a great hot weather meal!