I need a name for my new chick. (Pic)

Booswalia

Songster
10 Years
Jun 28, 2009
Prince Edward Island, CAN
This is my newest member of the flock. The only egg that hatched under my broody hen and then abandoned by mom. Now living indoors with me. But she needs a name. (I just hope she's a she)
I was thinking of Chicklet, or Dumpling. (Her mother's name is Stew.)

baby-chick.jpg

I like Dumpling. I have to say, that is one of the best chick pics I have seen!!! So cute!!!

Not sure on a name I usually wait til they are older. She is soo cute but she really needs a friend. They do much better when not alone. My broody decided to abandon hers at 3 weeks so they are inside now too.

Last edited:
I like dumpling
big_smile.png
lol my brooder hen only hatched one well all 8 hatched but she killed the others, and shehatched about a week ago and i namd her dumplin'

i think you should name her beatrice. why beatrice you ask, i have no idea but thats the first name that popped into my head when i saw her.

*edited for spelling. i cant spell for beans.

Last edited:
uh-oh. i've raised chicks alone before and let me tell you, I DOES NOT WORK OUT! i'd consider picking up another chick somewhere to keep her company. i tried raising a chick alone twice and both of them turned out crazy and mean! the "sweet little yellow chick" grew into a hen who attacks your boot like a rooster and beats up every other chicken accept the one rooster she actually gets along with! the other one turned into a rooster who would run in a panic around the coop/yard/or house and hide his head in little nooks and crannies and if you tried to pick him up he'd peck you. he was terrified of other chickens! please don't make the mistake i did, it doesn't work, no matter how much you pay attention to the chick!

i like the names June and Brie, by the way, or maybe Junebug
smile.png

Last edited:
Quote:
the chicks ive raised by themselves didn't grow up that way. They are very sweet and still act like im there momma. And there almost a year old.

Back
Top Bottom