I need a name for my new chick. (Pic)

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Booswalia, May 15, 2011.

1. Booswalia

Booswalia Chillin' With My Peeps

This is my newest member of the flock. The only egg that hatched under my broody hen and then abandoned by mom. Now living indoors with me. But she needs a name. (I just hope she's a she)
    I was thinking of Chicklet, or Dumpling. (Her mother's name is Stew.)

[​IMG]

2. sunny & the 5 egg layers

sunny & the 5 egg layers Overrun With Chickens

Mar 29, 2011
    Dumpling is a cute name, or you could name her snowball, sugar or flower?

3. betsy329

betsy329 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 10, 2011
    I like Dumpling. I have to say, that is one of the best chick pics I have seen!!! So cute!!!

4. sheila3935

sheila3935 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2010
    Stonington, illinois
    Not sure on a name I usually wait til they are older. She is soo cute but she really needs a friend. They do much better when not alone. My broody decided to abandon hers at 3 weeks so they are inside now too.

Last edited: May 15, 2011
  5. Booswalia

Booswalia Chillin' With My Peeps

I would love to get her a friend but the next order at the supply store isn't coming until the middle of June.

6. 9farmgirl9

9farmgirl9 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2011
    Jasper, Mo
    I like dumpling [​IMG] lol my brooder hen only hatched one well all 8 hatched but she killed the others, and shehatched about a week ago and i namd her dumplin'

7. Kbagwell1

Kbagwell1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2011
    Augusta, GA
    I, personally, like Sugar...she looks so sweet!!!

8. Jferlisi

Jferlisi i dont eat chicken!!!!

Nov 2, 2010
    Menifee CA
    i think you should name her beatrice. why beatrice you ask, i have no idea but thats the first name that popped into my head when i saw her.

*edited for spelling. i cant spell for beans.

9. tinychicky

tinychicky Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2010
    Hollis, New Hampshire
    uh-oh. i've raised chicks alone before and let me tell you, I DOES NOT WORK OUT! i'd consider picking up another chick somewhere to keep her company. i tried raising a chick alone twice and both of them turned out crazy and mean! the "sweet little yellow chick" grew into a hen who attacks your boot like a rooster and beats up every other chicken accept the one rooster she actually gets along with! the other one turned into a rooster who would run in a panic around the coop/yard/or house and hide his head in little nooks and crannies and if you tried to pick him up he'd peck you. he was terrified of other chickens! please don't make the mistake i did, it doesn't work, no matter how much you pay attention to the chick!

i like the names June and Brie, by the way, or maybe Junebug [​IMG]

10. 9farmgirl9

9farmgirl9 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2011
    Jasper, Mo
    Quote:the chicks ive raised by themselves didn't grow up that way. They are very sweet and still act like im there momma. And there almost a year old.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by