I need a recipe/ Chocolate Cake mix

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by bragabit, Sep 15, 2010.

1. bragabit

bragabit Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2009
    Southern Utah
    I have the scouts coming to my house tonight. I am low on baking supplies and its 35 miles to a grocery store. Soooo I do have a cake mix, chocolate chips, eggs, oil, milk, sugar, and some powdered sugar. I have a can a sweetned condensed milk and some icecream. Any recipes that come to mind?

2. feather leg farms

feather leg farms Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 25, 2009
    Salisbury, NC
    If you don't mind the extra work but try a big chocolate melting cake or this flourless cake.

3. abercrombie575

abercrombie575 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 9, 2010
    Georgia
    Quick mix chocolate cookies
    makes 4 dozen

1 box devil food (chocolate) cake mix
    1/2 cup veg. oil
    1 teaspoon vanilla
    2 eggs
    1/4 cup sugar

1. heat oven to 350. In alarge bowl mix cake mix, oil, vanilla, and eggs with spoon until dough forms
    2. shape dough balls into 1 inch balls, roll in sugar. On ungreased pan place balls about 2 inches apart
    3. bake 10-12 minutes or until set. Cool and eat!

Easy breezy and very good!

4. feather leg farms

feather leg farms Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 25, 2009
    Salisbury, NC
    Sounds yummy!!!!

5. satay

satay oz-e-chick

Sep 2, 2008
    Esk Qld Australia
    condensed Milk biscuits

1/2 cup condensed milk
    4 tbs butter
    1 1/2 cups S.R Flour
    1 egg
    2 tbs sugar
    60 grams choc chips

Mix together condensed milk,butter and sugar in a medium bowl. Beat in the egg and flour and choc bits. Roll into 32 walunt sized balls and place 2cm apart on a tray that you have pre sprayed with cooking oil. Press each cookie down with a fork and bake at 180C (350F) for 15mins or until cookies are light golden brown to firm to touch.

6. satay

satay oz-e-chick

Sep 2, 2008
    Esk Qld Australia
    or another one is

Cream 500gms softened butter with 4 tablspoons of sugar and add 1 can of condensed milk. Fold through 4 cups of flour(S.R Flour ). Drop onto baking paper and bake( 160C) til golden (about 8 mins)

You can add choc chips etc to the mixture or you could try rolling them in hundreds and thousands and then baking. Makes heaps.
    The condensed milk cans are around 410grams that I use.
    S.R flour is Self Raising Flour not sure if that what you guys in the U.S call it.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2010
  7. 2xchickenfarm

2xchickenfarm Out Of The Brooder

Apr 18, 2010
    Bath PA
    I know it is after the fact, but I have a very good moist choc cake....but there are no eggs.

Choc Cake

3 c flour
    2 c sugar
    1/2 c cocoa powder
    1 c veg. oil
    2 c cold water
    2 tsp baking soda
    1/2 tsp salt
    2 tsp white vingar
    1 tsp vanilla

Mix together. Bake in either 9 x 13 pan or layer pans. Bake at 350, for 40 mins.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by