I need a way to make some money! Any ideas???

awesomefowl

Argues with Goats
9 Years
Jun 5, 2010
raxacoricofallapatorious
Other than getting a job.
roll.png
(I can't drive yet)
I would like to start some sort of easy to start, low start-up cost business.. does anyone have any ideas?
I can bake, knit, write and take care of chickens. I thought of maybe starting a cupcake business. Does anyone do that? How does it work for them?

Thank
you!

awesomefowl

Buy cheap sell higher on Ebay. I get things from yardsales to resale sometimes. It's not making a killing, but if I am yardsaling anyway...why not make a buck or ten?

you could pet sit if you have a way to get there. pays pretty good if your honest. also depending where you are, dog walking during the day.

Oh, I need money too. I've failed at finding any way to actually make some decent bucks, but I have a junk mail job (don't needs a car for that if you do an area close by) and it pays me about $30 a week if you don't mind folding the stuff for six hours straight.

In the spring you can try and grow seeds and sell them. Ebay is a cheap way to get seed, unique and hard to find seed( herbs,tomotoes) are great road side sellers. You can also try to make cute knitted hats and sell them.

Quote:
And how would you do that?

Good suggestions! But I don't have enough experience to pet sit. Thank You anyway though.

Every week in my local newspaper there are about seven junk mail job adverts. I just answer a couple!

I've been able to fill several summers by pulling weeds. No mowing, just weed pulling. I ran a cheap ad in the local paper. Older ladies who have trouble bending but still want their lovely flower beds often need help, even if only in the spring to get going and in the fall to get ready for winter. I charged $10/hour several years ago. If you have experience in that area, there's a need for it. I just had years of experience helping grandma and mom, then my own beds.

If you're a church-goer, maybe an ad there would come up with something. Older folks need all kinds of things done that involve reaching and bending, cooking and the like. As long as your parents were comfortable with the people you'd be working for.....

If you are 'crafty' in other ways (besides knitting), make some Christmas decorations using eggs (there's a thread on here somewhere). Not a lot of time left if you're trying to get money before Christmas, but they day after Christmas is a big shopping day...
Plan ahead & make stuff for New Years, Easter, etc.

Kinda surprised nobody's mentioned this one yet...

I started this past spring hatching chicks to sell to the feed store. Incubators can be pricey, but you can start with a relatively cheap LG 9200 set up, which costs about $95 for the bator and turner. I sold about 150 straight run chicks for $1.85 each, and 35 guinea keets for $3 each. I could of sold a lot more keets, but I started hatching them late in the season. You would need to drive the chicks to the feed store, but it would only be about once a month so maybe your parents would be able to help you out. Other benefits include being able to hatch your own chicks, and incubating/hatching chicks would be an excellent addition to your homeschool program. I'm a homeschooled Christian teen poultry lover too, BTW.
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom