I need advice before i bring them home PLEASE HELP!

I wouldn't because they classify a chicken as livestock more often, because you eat them/products from them. They need a product that they won't absorb and 'taint' themselves.

IF they do absorb a 'baddy' from the product that their body can't break down it will just build up in their system, concentrate in their eggs then, guess what... You get to eat it! Blegh!
If you do eat the chickens meat too, all that has concentrated in their body will enter and begin concentrating in you as you eat more chickens that have been exposed to the same product.
It's "ok' JUST for the bird because they don't live long enough or get treated often enough for it to reach lethal levels in their bodies.
Pesticides can make you very sick so be careful.

They had this problem with organophosphate pesticides as they won't break down naturally in the environment, so the majority are banned now, but there is still similar stuff out there. You can also get your earth tested for organophosphates from past spraying on land, they even used them to 'termite proof' houses. http://www.7perth.com.au/view/today-tonight-articles/today-tonight-poison-eggs/

But yes. My point is just be safe and get a chicken specific one lol Hope I made sense:confused:

Thanks, the last thing I want to eat is a bad tasting egg!
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom