I Need Advice On Chickens!

I-LOVE-INCUBATORS

In the Brooder
10 Years
Aug 6, 2009
indiana
.... i love chickens but my mom said i cant have them and idk wat to say how to ask her 4 them because i have enough money to buy wat i need to start out my chicks and i really want them so plz tell me!.!.!.!.!.!.!
sad.png
sad.png
sad.png
sad.png

Edited to remove personal information.

Last edited by a moderator:
because she thinks i cant take care of them and i stayed at my friends house 4 a couple days last year and she had chickens but wen i was there i never wanted to laeve the chicken coop because i fell in luv with them and there awesome.

If I was your mom I'd let you have them. But only if you did your homework kept your room clean and made sure you understood that chickens live quite a long time and take some work including the yucky stuff.
hide.gif

i do i cared for my friends chickens as if they were my own and she even let me hatch eggs 4 her and it was amazing mabey if i started cleaning my room better get more a's and b's on my report cards i could prove that to her i could have some chickens but at tractor supply theyb have chicks and they r the cheapest chicks ive researched.

Write your mom a report on the care of and reasons why you want these little biddies (only get girls if she finally gives in) and set it in a place where she can read it when you are not there, just alittle suggestion, I'm such an instacator, but all my kids are grown.

Quote:
Is there a reason that your mother would think that you can't take care of them? Do you have a history/background of being responsible for an animals' welfare?

I don't know the general area that you are in because no location is given in your user info but you might inquire at your school if they offer any "technical/agricultural classes" and sign up for an ag course being as eventually lessons on livestock should come up. You could also look into your area 4-H as they have several programs on raising poultry that might help to educate you (and your mother with you).

It sounds to me that it's not a resource (money) issue as much as it might be a responsibility issue that causes your mother to not be agreeable to you starting a flock of chickens. You might need to step back for a moment and look at yourself and your situation from a distance. Think about what might improve your mother's perception of how you handle responsibilities...and then proceed to honestly make those improvements. If you want chickens badly enough you'll exert the effort to create the needed changes.

Being responsible for another living creature whether it is a gold fish or a thoroughbred race horse is a great responsibility being as their health, life, and even happiness (among just a few things) are totally in your hands. It's a big responsibility.

Think about it.

Best wishes,
Ed

Quote:
Is there a reason that your mother would think that you can't take care of them? Do you have a history/background of being responsible for an animals' welfare?

I don't know the general area that you are in because no location is given in your user info but you might inquire at your school if they offer any "technical/agricultural classes" and sign up for an ag course being as eventually lessons on livestock should come up. You could also look into your area 4-H as they have several programs on raising poultry that might help to educate you (and your mother with you).

It sounds to me that it's not a resource (money) issue as much as it might be a responsibility issue that causes your mother to not be agreeable to you starting a flock of chickens. You might need to step back for a moment and look at yourself and your situation from a distance. Think about what might improve your mother's perception of how you handle responsibilities...and then proceed to honestly make those improvements. If you want chickens badly enough you'll exert the effort to create the needed changes.

Being responsible for another living creature whether it is a gold fish or a thoroughbred race horse is a great responsibility being as their health, life, and even happiness (among just a few things) are totally in your hands. It's a big responsibility.

Think about it.

Best wishes,
Ed

I agree. If I were you I would look into your area 4-H and see if they have any programs on raising poultry. Good luck and have fun.

My bad you are alright I guess I forgot what it was to have a 12 yr old. She/he probally doesnt want to hear this now,
hide.gif

Back
Top Bottom