I need advice! - Please Help!!!!

Ducklings199

In the Brooder
5 Years
Aug 17, 2014
Ever since i've had my white campbell duckling it leans back as if looking up at the sky. It only does it when drinking, however only occasionally not everytime. She has grown quite fast recently compared to the others, but she doesn't move around as much and tends to sit down. Is everything ok? Any advice?

So, she takes a sip and holds her head back while she's drinking? That does not sound out of the range of normal to me.

Can you make a quick video and upload it to Youtube or Vimeo so you can link it here? It's a bit of a process, but might help us "see" better.

Last edited:
So, she takes a sip and holds her head back while she's drinking? That does not sound out of the range of normal to me.

Can you make a quick video and upload it to Youtube or Vimeo so you can link it here? It's a bit of a process, but might help us "see" better.
Hi, thank u for replying. I spoke to the breeder though and it turns out that she has the symptoms of a vitamin K deficiency - and when she throws her head back and rolls she is having a small fit. She will grow out of it and it doesn't hurt her, but I have brought some medication to help. If they do have this they usually have it from birth.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom