I need advice! Please??

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by dldavis34, Aug 17, 2010.

1. dldavis34

dldavis34 Out Of The Brooder

May 16, 2009
    Montrose, CO
    I have 2 black leghorns and 2 barred leghorns that are 13 weeks old. I had 2 light brahmas given to me which are about 9 weeks old. I introduced the light brahmas to the other hens and they don't seem to be getting along at all. Does anyone know if they will adjust and get along with each other after time or if it is not going to change?? I don't want to get rid of the light brahmas. Do I need to just give it time and let them get used to eachother? I would appreciate any advice given.

2. gmendoza

gmendoza Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2010
    Rock Hill,SC
    My light brahma is just used to my buff orp.She doesnt hang with anyone else,but is sort of communial,if you know what I mean.When they get older,then they will hang around each other.Sometimes its like this. [​IMG]

3. christa7032

christa7032 Out Of The Brooder

Sep 11, 2009
    I have mixed chickens a couple of times now and they all fight for a while (after a period where they can see each other without hurting each other) and then they calm down and pretty much keep to themselves for awhile. You will notice you have 2 groups that hang out separately, the older group and the newer group. You should be fine though.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by