I need answers, my chick seized, & died😭.

This is both of them yesterday.
20200530_151921.jpg
20200530_151937.jpg
The one that died today is on the left.

I just was looking at your duccle silkie cross pics and came across this... im so sorry, it sucks to lose any of them. I think it might have just been one of those things with super young chicks. Doesn't sound like the cleaning had anything to do with it. Hope you're feeling better 💕

I just was looking at your duccle silkie cross pics and came across this... im so sorry, it sucks to lose any of them. I think it might have just been one of those things with super young chicks. Doesn't sound like the cleaning had anything to do with it. Hope you're feeling better 💕
I have more eggs set to hatch to replace that lost chick. I do still miss her, I still have her brother.

I agree it was likely a one off thing. As much as it sucks, these things happen. It was likely something congenital given the age of the . A small error in the dna while developing until this finally happened.

Im sorry for the loss.:hugs Its always hard watching an animal seize. I’ve been through it myself

My project chick started having seizures a couple hours after we cleaned the brooder. She was perfectly fine way before we done anything. Was running around all happy, eating, drinking, & pooping.
What would cause this to happen so suddenly?
What type of bedding or shavings are you using? Cedar = bad and will kill chicks. Pine large flake = good.

Back
Top Bottom