I need chicken help? Please see this?

lululemon436

Hatching
9 Years
Jul 9, 2010
Hello, this is a response to my preivious post about an hour ago (below). with help from you guys, i have transported my "tail droopy" chicken inside our houseer tummy- it has nothing but water in it. i made a mixture of yogurt and shredded apples (very helpful in the past) and i fed about a teaspoon to her but i'm having trouble opening her beak any more she at a very tiny amount by herself. She is standing in place, a little low, and moves around barely in her mini cage. also, the feathers near the end of her tail/on her back are very fluffed up, gives a visual apperance that there is a bump there (but there isnt) please help!
Yesterday, i had a little emergency so i forgot to feed the chickens before i got to bed so they were hungry all day. today i came back and fed them immediately, i gave them 1/3 scraps, 1/3 oats which is really good for their health, and a very small handfull of this bird food mixture (me and my mom: were trying this new stuff it doesnt say whether or not its for chickens but it has corn kernels, sunflower seeds, and such). well, i gave them the food and let them open to run around, at first they pecked at the food. i came back an hour later and the food was untouched! i noticed that they had pooped in the water so i changed the water and the 2 of the hens at them and one of them didnt- she was the one of the the hens standing in the corner with her tail down and eyes open and walking a little lazily. i closed my chickens up so they could go to sleep and that hen went to the corner and sat down. now im inside. i reallly love my chickens, i dont know what is happening! a few months ago i bought this stuff that helped the chickens if they had watery poop but i never used it. should i use it now even tho they don't have watery poop? by the way my chickens are of old age about 3 years old. please help!

PS thanks for everybody who have helped me out in the past

Could you capitize you I's? It'd make the post easer to read. My first thought was does she have enough Grit? Sunflower seeds CANNOT be digested without it. Undigested food sitting in the crop causes sour crop. Does her breath smell? Does her crop empty at night? If not post back and I'll tell you how to go about further teatment.

Last edited:
Quote:
I think you were very rude to the poster who is asking asking for help and advise for a sick bird, and not a grammar lesson, and I would advise you to re-read and edit what you wrote if you want to criticize someone about how they write. Your capitalizing and spelling could use some help too.

Quote:
I think you were very rude to the poster who is asking asking for help and advise for a sick bird, and not a grammar lesson, and I would advise you to re-read and edit what you wrote if you want to criticize someone about how they write. Your capitalizing and spelling could use some help too.

Sorry, I can't spell worth crap and I know it. I didn't mean to be rude at all but some of the members here would have been alot more blunt than me
hmm.png
I really didn't mean to be rude sorry OP
Bleck my Languge arts teacher said I suck at spelling
hmm.png

Last edited:
Quote:
This would have been my suggestion too. It seems to me that many expect the chickens to get enough gravel/grit in the yard. Unfortunately this is not the case. Also there are two types of grit. "insoluble" and "soluble" "Gran I Grit" is granite and can not be digested but helps to "grind" grains and grasses in the the crop. Osyter shell is soluble and help put calcium in the system to help shell formation. A good layer feed should have enough calcium for shelll formation but may not so oyster shell grit is given. Now the Granite grit should be given on demand for free ranged birds since they will be consuming lots of things that they will need help "grinding" in the crop.

Hope all improves

Rancher

Back
Top Bottom