I need chicken names

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by jallny, Jun 3, 2012.

1. jallny

jallny Songster

May 26, 2012
    I have 6 pullets. i have named 4/6. we currently call the two unnamed ones UTR 1 and UTR 2. UTR stands for under the radar. they dont like to be held and stay clear of humans, but are very curious. I need names... any ideas? i will tell you what i pick in the end.

thanks all who reply!!!

Last edited: Jun 5, 2012
  2. wildriverswolf90

wildriverswolf90 Songster

Aug 4, 2011
    polk county, NC
    Spazzie, dizzy, ghost, shadow, fly, bunnie, cricket or K.C(krazy chicken)

3. jallny

jallny Songster

May 26, 2012
    hahaha

i like K.C for UTR 1 because she wont let me touch her without having a spasm attack

4. wildriverswolf90

wildriverswolf90 Songster

Aug 4, 2011
    polk county, NC
    :) thought of a few more- blossom, luna, stella, sprite, autumn, rose, or orchid.

I have 5 very flighty birds that are always trying to esape me, so I named them after outlaws; butch, cassidy, sundance, thelma and louise!

5. jallny

jallny Songster

May 26, 2012
    thanks for the replies but i would like a bigger list, which means more people need to join. c'mon people, need help all out of creativity!!!!!!!

6. Whittni

Whittni Crowing

Mar 26, 2011
    Southern Utah
    but people like to have their chickens have unique names and not have other people use the same - therefore making each name that less unique.
    [​IMG] I'd personally was given a very unique spelling of my name so being original means a lot to me. I'm okay (not like its in my control anyway) with people using my chicken's names as long as I no longer own them or they've moved on because I think of them by studying my flock.

Try some names like (I've used these names): Lieka, Hulu, Hawkeye, Bo Peep, Avila, Creature (love this!) and Slippers & Kiwi

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: