I need egg cartons!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by lorihadams, May 13, 2009.

1. lorihadams

lorihadams Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 17, 2008
    virginia
    I am getting so many eggs daily from my girls I need to sell the extras. Where do I get egg cartons cheaply?

2. Mrs.Puff

Mrs.Puff Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2008
    Southern Iowa
    One of our local hardware stores has a PILE of cartons. People just bring them in for the chicken farmers to use. They're free. Maybe you can set up something like that.

3. funkychickenowner

funkychickenowner Out Of The Brooder

Aug 30, 2008
    Sussex County NJ
    Hit up your local deli that makes sandwiches In the morn Im sure they will have no problem saving them for you instead of throwing them away. the one up the street from me given me at least one a day sometimes more.

4. Boyd

Boyd Recipient of The Biff Twang

Mar 14, 2009
    MI
  5. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    I put the word out amongst friends and my SO's co-workers. I now have a box that a large desktop computer and monitor came in filled to the brim!
    I had to go back and tell everyone, no more cartons for awhile PLEASE!

6. mythkat

mythkat Chillin' With My Peeps

I got mine from the feed store. They buy eggs from the locals to sell back to city locals. The buyers bring the cartons back to keep costs down. I tell everyone I sell to that the eggs are 50 cents more if you don't bring the cartons back because then I'll have to buy them. Works really well. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by