I need examples of HOA coop ordinances.

Kimmom2five

In the Brooder
5 Years
Feb 4, 2014
I live in an HOA where many people are starting to want chickens. My husband is the HOA presidents and he and several board members want chickens. According to the covenant this is mostly a matter of declaring chickens to be an animal which can be considered a pet. The main problem seems to be keeping a coop. I am on the Architectural Review Board of the HOA and we are beginning the process of rewriting many of the guidelines for things such as chickens, solar power, water barrels, all kinds of things.
One example of the crazy things in the current guidelines is that if you want a clothesline, it can only be portable and you can only use it between 9 am-5pm Mon-Fri. You know when people who have real jobs won't see your clothes.
Anyway if anybody knows their coop rules could you please post them so I can see examples of what other communities do. I'm writing the proposal and I'm not really sure how to word it.

PS as far as the town goes, we are good. It's a small still pretty rural town and chickens are fine as long as there are no roosters and your chickens stay on your property.

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom