I need help... a volunteer if you will ... can someone edit me?

Dar

Crowing
11 Years
Jul 31, 2008
No this is not another one of THOSE threads...

On Saturday May 28th 2011 my son was struck and injured by a car while he was riding his bike. He is OK just banged up and bruised. His bike however is not. We bought his bike LESS THEN ONE WEEK before the accident. and its now a total write off.

I called my insurance company and because my deductible is $500 it would make no sense to claim a $300 bike but my broker advised me to call the drivers insurance and see if they will add it onto his claim because there was a lot of damage done to his car.

If in the event the insurance company says no I will will be taking the driver to small claims court so I need everything to be right the first time in case I get a judge like judge Judy..LOL

as you can probably tell my grammar and sentence structure suck monkey bum! and I will fully admit it.. writing is not my strong suit!

What I need is for someone to help me edit this letter that I will be sending to the insurance company and the driver keeping in mind that this may see the inside of a court room. something else to keep in mind... I am in Canada and we spell a few words differently... so I will need the Canadian spelling of stuff to remain in tact...

I will be writing the letter over the course of the weekend and will send it to you in a PM when I am finished...

so whos up to the task?

TIA
Dar

Last edited:
Just mention during the accident the bike was mangled beyond repair, and as the insurance company would in fact replace or repair a vehicle involved in such a wreck.... that the vehicle in this situation was a bike "add type brand and cost here".

As for spelling and grammar... I am of NO use in help there. My english teacher mother could barely handle me my whole life because I was just that terrible with the written word. You don't even want to see my so called handwriting! HAHAHAHA
barnie.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
Our insurance rules are a little different here... because the bike is not part of the vehicle its supposed to be claimed under the house policy... BUT some insurance companies have "additional expenses" as a rider on the auto that would cover stuff like childrens car seats and strollers should they be damaged in a vehicle collision. BUT it may not be available for the person who was hit...

Quote:
no I cant touch their homeowners now if a window fell outta their house and caused the accident ... different story..LOL

and spelling Canadian is easy.. just add a lot of extra vowels that are not needed...LOL

Last edited:
Make sure you bring the reciept if possible. Make sure you have a written version of events, like a time line of what happened the day it happened. Make sure you dress nicely, be nice, and don't say I think, or anything that makes you look like you are not 100 percent on everything that happened. I am sorry to hear about ur son, ill keep u in my prayers. Good luck with it all

Quote:
I have the receipt for the bike
and 3 written estimates from 3 different bike repair shops around town.

I dont have the events as they happened... he was riding to his friends when it happened.. he is 14

You would think that if someone hit a kid on a bike they would just go and buy the poor kid a new bike. I'm glad your son is OK and it wasn't worse.

I wonder if I can change my spell check to Canadian, lol

Quote:
the guy is older then dirt... he is 82.. he never even got out of his car to see if my son was ok... he didnt even roll down his window... i have a special name for him... Nifty may not like it tho..LOL

the guy in the car behind him ran around the car and tended to my son as well as the driver waiting to make a left turn..

Back
Top Bottom