I need help about cleaning.

Sarahloveslulu

Chirping
May 20, 2020
I have 4 ducks.They all live in a pen in my barn.Their pen is made of wood and wire.It has a concrete floor.They're ducks so they are a mess.We use shavings.But we do a light coating just because we know we have muck there pen every day twice.We need another way to do this.Can any one give me a solution?Please👏

Sarahloveslulu

Chirping
May 20, 2020
We have 2 month old ducks and turkeys.And they get along just fine but we also have 18 chickens.There is a pecking order it goes the turkeys the chickens the ducks.So we keep them in there pen most of the time.Plus they are not normal people say.They cry when we are not outside with them.They are happy to be in there pen.Also we have a stream that they like to play in.The stream can flow super quick and the ducks doesn't know what hit them.So its a safety hazard.They don't like being out of there pen alone without us.So we need to be out with them.

Sarahloveslulu

Chirping
May 20, 2020
Yes,this is C C or Caroline Clair. This is her at 3 weeks.One of her favorite pillow.

Attachments

• IMG_20200429_1108372_rewind - Edited.jpg
    IMG_20200429_1108372_rewind - Edited.jpg
    158.6 KB · Views: 1

ayeitsmeme

Songster
Mar 23, 2016
North Carolina
When we had a bunch of rain and the barn my guys are in was getting soggy I used horse stall pellets under a coating of shavings. The pellets are a lot more absorbent than shavings. That being said I still used the shavings for comfort.

Sarahloveslulu

Chirping
May 20, 2020
When we had a bunch of rain and the barn my guys are in was getting soggy I used horse stall pellets under a coating of shavings. The pellets are a lot more absorbent than shavings. That being said I still used the shavings for comfort.
Good to know.

Top Bottom