I need help..AGAIN, with these silkies..please!!!UPDATE::PICS

heres an idea Deb... use HER tactics (play stupid)
If she contacts you again just play dumb and and not letting her get word in edgewise (as if SHE were not the person these poor birds came from)... say..."Oh GOSH you just would not BELIEVE the support for your pooooor birdies from the chicken club community I am member of.... one look at the photos I posted just BROKE everybodys heart and I found great homes for them everywhere... of course they must finish their medications first and get strong before they will be able to survive ANY rehousing or traveling but isn't that just WONDERFUL news!!!! OH OH OH .... and just GUESS what... you know the little birdie with stumps and no toes??? Well of course you know that came from the scaley leg mite parasite infestation and it is just taking so much time but it IS seeming to respond to the medication I bought for him and the others. I feared that someone would call the ASPC when they saw the pics but everyone was soooo kind and understanding and I am just THRILLED they all have such great homes waiting for them once they have recovered... oops someone at the door...must rush "
lau.gif

Last edited:
Deb, all you have to do is email pics and the story to state humane society. If you want to help the birds still in her "care". They will handle it from there and you will be out of it. Not rocket science here and you are protecting yourself, do not deal with the local animal control. They sound like they are just in it for the job. With someone bigger than you in charge it should help the other birds and relieve your mind.

I should add that you've been handling this difficult situation wonderfully, Deb. I truly do hope she leaves you alone. If I remember correctly, when she contacted you about taking these birds, her wording was that she wanted you to rescue some of her chickens from HER.

She DOES know. She's just sick, very sick.

Yes Windy, those were HER words. She said they " I have a few chickens I think need rescued from me" I was very polite about it...and said...Awww, I think you jsut nee help with the overload...what I should have said was NO SH*T LADY!!
duc.gif

So far, nothing from her.....hope it stays that way!

I agree about contacting the state Humane Society, however, she'll know who sent them since it is such a small town. She needs to be stopped from owning animals. She may leave YOU alone, but she'll continue trying to sell animals. Gosh, you're between a rock and a hard spot aren't you. I'm so sorry you're having to deal with this, maybe Ruth is right in that this is the push you needed to get liscensed for rescue. I hope you do, then you can go in there yourself like the FBI and take all the birds and shut her down for good!

I also think that if this went public, showing the pics of the terrible conditions of the birds, that maybe, even though it is such a small town, the townsfolk would realize that it is animal cruelty going on and maybe they'll help too? Wishfull thinking perhaps.

as i already have 4 roosters and only 3 hens (i think... but i am actually going to post pics in a little while and ask some opinions) i would be more than willing to take some hens (bantams) and my best friend has standards and she would take some standard hens. i will pay shipping if and when you think they can be shipped, or if u bring them closer to ny (we are way out on long island). i have recently had chicken nursing experience and i am willing to do more....
i believe in what comes around goes around and she will get hers in long run.
mb
ps... is there a reason one of us couldn't turn her in based on the pics and info posted about her to the state? then it would not be your fault. i am willing to, if necessary.

Back
Top Bottom