I NEED HELP ASAP PLEASE!!!

Sillyducks

In the Brooder
Jun 25, 2020
Hi, my gesse just randomly stop walking and now he's not moving and is very weak. By his actions he might not make it tomorrow. He's not eating or drinking. Please, I need help asap the vet is close. I need help to at least keep him well till tomorrow morning. He is also pooping water
1623111363386414678643737529217.jpg

Last edited:
If you have any b vitamins pop some down his throat, you press firmly on the corners of his mouth and he’ll loosen his beak enough that you can open his mouth, pop it into the back of his throat and close his beak and gently hold it closed until he swallows.
If you have a syringe or Turkey baister you can administer water the same way but make sure the end of the syringe/Turkey blaster is in the back of his throat to HIS RIGHT, if it goes down the left it will go into his lungs.

On the off chance you have any activated charcoal or cilantro to give him they can absorb toxins.

The most important thing is to keep him calm and comfortable, preferably somewhere quiet he can relax, if being alone bothers him let one of his friends stay with him, assuming you have any others, if he’s just bonded to his human family he might prefer to have one of you in sight to make him feel safe.

When traveling you can put him in a dog travel crate but he won’t be able to support himself, I’ve found it easier to hold them myself in the back seat while someone else drives (if they’re ones that are comfortable being held.)

Last edited:
Other than the cilantro and vitamins, “a multi vitamin may work too” and the water only offer watery foods or feed that’s soaked in enough water to make soup in case he has an intestinal blockage.

Back
Top Bottom