I NEED HELP ASAP

wee.gif

He made it! I'm so happy for you @rocki769 ! That was a long night, lol. Can't wait to see a new picture of this little one!

You had some amazing support, I'm really proud of BYC'ers right now
celebrate.gif
Sure did have some awesome help, Congrats on the lil one and we're all waiting for pics!!
pop.gif

So he's doing great this morning but I have one concern... His right leg is straight out behind him and his toes are curled up on that foot.. He can't walk, he kinda just scoots around. Can I fix his leg or will he do it on his own?

He's only under the light in this picture because the lighting is better and makes it easier for you guys to see. I'm gonna move him back to the incubator

@Pyxis
@caesargirl
@Miss Lydia
@Lycrystol

Can you send those BYCERS pm's (private messages) so they get the information quicker? I think if you put "fixing foot problems" in the search box, it will bring up several posts about doing so. You can also post on the "Duck thread," I admire your dedication to helping him and his spunk. I do hope he will continue to do well.

PS I don't think this would correct itself. People often use bandaids to make hobbles to keep the legs in line for a day or so but, don't know if that would be used since his leg is straight out behind him.

This works for ducks too. I use the "paper" type medical tape, but masking tape works too.
You did great, by the way!

Also, if you could maybe hold him up, and let his legs dangle, and take a pic, we could get a better look at what might be going on.

I sent Miss Lydia a pm in your behalf but, she is currently off line.

Thank you very much WVduckchick for your photos and advice. I am learning something too, thanks to you.

I sent Miss Lydia a pm  in your behalf but, she is currently off line.

Thank you very much  WVduckchick     for your photos and advice.  I am learning something  too, thanks to you.

Thank you for sending the PM for me.
I had to leave to go to school so when I get home I'll take a picture. I'm sure it's gonna be ok for a couple hours. My hen had a chick who had a leg like that and it fixed its self. It's just pigeon toed now but that's better than having a foot straight out behind him...
But when I get home I'll send a better picture and we can figure out what to do :)

Back
Top Bottom