I need help choosing... Coronation Sussex or Silkies?

How could you not go for these? Meet Oliver and James. They're only 5 months old.
I also have 4 Coronation pullets and 2 light pullets, for some genetic diversity.

13729_roos1.jpg

-Cindy in MA

Kees Mom where did you get your coronation sussex? I just cannot afford the prices I've seen. Maybe you or another BYC'er will be selling down the road....I really cannot afford to get a house second mortgage for them...smile

Will you be selling eggs and can you tell us more about them?

Thanks.

Last edited:
Quote:
They sure are big! I thought my old BLRW roo looked big until these boys came to live here. Even the pullets are large. Still not close to laying yet though.

It was really funny watching them try to fly the other day. I let them out in the bigger run to get some exercise, and they had a blast. Too big to fly very far!

-Cindy

Quote:
They sure are big! I thought my old BLRW roo looked big until these boys came to live here. Even the pullets are large. Still not close to laying yet though.

It was really funny watching them try to fly the other day. I let them out in the bigger run to get some exercise, and they had a blast. Too big to fly very far!

-Cindy

We thought our former SQ Jesey Giants were big but they are nothing compared to all of our Sussex! Here is a picture of Casper one of our Coronation Sussex. Jim & Kaye

DSCI0851.jpg

Quote:
I got them from Greenfire. I'm really happy with them. Very friendly (especially when food is involved!), docile, and big. Slow to mature. One of the roos just started crowing 2 weeks ago.

Right now all I'm planning to do is get my NPIP certification and wait for the girls to start laying. The older ones aren't ready yet, and I expect the younger ones won't start until spring. I wish they'd start sooner, I feel like hatching! Haven't done any for a while.

Quote:
Moe the BLRW looks like a peanut next to them. And they're still months away from maturity!

They're so close in type too. It's not easy to tell the roos apart, or the pullets for that matter. I can tell the 2 lights apart. Their tails differ slightly.

Wow- I can't believe you asked this question either!
th.gif

Be sure to post some pics when you get them!!! I just love sussex. The size & personality. I thought my rocks were the funniest birds, until I got some SS.
tongue.png

Back
Top Bottom