I need help deciding which hatchery to order from!

chickenmomma16

Crowing
11 Years
Jul 16, 2012
Buckley, Washington
barnie.gif
th.gif
I have stared at and gone through so many hatcheries in the last 3 days I need some thoughts on this matter

I have 5 hatcheries up, all with my cart full just waiting to check out. I have Crackle, My Pet Chicken, Ideal, Meyer, and Murray McMurray. I couldn't find what I wanted locally or any other places.
I'm liking McMurray the best because ETA is Jan. 26th BUT they did not carry Barnevelders like I wanted
hit.gif
I found some other breed that was sorta like them but it's straight run only which is a big bummer. All the others have ALL the breeds I want in pullets + only a 15 chick limit but they are not available until mid March (McMurray has a 25 chick limit this time of year). I need my new little girls up and grown out in the coop ASAP this year. March is pushing my time frame a little to far...

I guess I should add that I'm only keep a max of 10 chicks for myself. The others I have to find homes for, that should be pretty easy... right? The price difference isn't enough to be a solid deciding factor but ordering McMurray's 25 chicks is the most expensive option. Another Pro with them though is they are a couple states closer to me then the others.

Are there any known pros or cons or experiences with those hatcheries?

Thanks for all your input!

I'd go ahead and order the 25 for delivery in Jan. I have never had a problem selling extra pullets on CL and you will be in the front of the curve. You should be able to sell them for a premium (I get $20 for 16 week+ pullets) just because you will be the first one with extra birds.

Back
Top Bottom