I need help finding the perfect incubator!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by boykin2010, Oct 31, 2011.

1. boykin2010

boykin2010 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 26, 2010
    South Georgia
    Ok i am having a hard time figuring out what type of incubator i want to get. I already have an LG but i have not been very impressed with the hatch rates i have been getting. I would like to have something that i could keep in the garage instead of in the house but I realize the really big cabinet incubators are expensive. I dont want to spend more than 175$

I would like for it to be made out of something beside styrofoam because I think that is the problem with the LG.
    I need:
    1. Automatic egg turners in the incubator
    2. Good hatch rates
    3. It needs to be able to hatch chicken eggs and turkey eggs
    4. Minimum egg capacity of about 15-20.
    5. It would be great if it had an automatic thermometer so it would adjust the temperature
    6. If possible i would also like for it to be an incubator and a hatcher. I have seen a couple like that but they have been really expensive.

I liked this incubator but the I dont think it is able to hatch turkey eggs. It is also a little out of my price range... http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bird-Chicken-Duck-Quail-Egg-Incubator-Auto-Turn-/120741910163?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c1cc75693

Do
    yall have any ideas of an incubator that fits all my needs or maybe most of them.
    Thanks in advance for all the help!

2. Glenmar

Glenmar Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 17, 2011
    VIRGINIA
    Brinsea ECO 20 is the best.
    I have had 95-99% hatch rates.
    Very hands off.

3. chickenman17

chickenman17 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 27, 2010
    Southeast Oklahoma
    I HIGHLY reccomend the Genesis 1588 Hova Bator. It is the best of the best. I have one my self and I get 96% to 99% hatch rates everytime. It holds up to 42 eggs with the turner (sold seperately) and even more without! This bad-boy is also is in your price range. Check it out! https://www.gqfmfg.com/store/comersus_viewItem.asp?idProduct=77

Good
    luck! [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 31, 2011
  4. georgiagail

georgiagail Chillin' With My Peeps

I agree about the Brinsea Eco 20. Order this plus the automatic turner and this would be in your price range. Enter the word halloween (small letters) in the coupon section at checkout and get 10 percent off until November 13.

Gail

5. Hillbilly Hen

Hillbilly Hen Overrun With Chickens

Apr 11, 2009
    Newaygo Michigan
    Quote:I have been doing research on this as well and have decided on this one. I don't have it yet so I cannot speak from experiance.

6. WhiteMountainsRanch

WhiteMountainsRanch Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 19, 2010
    Sandy Eggo, CA
    Quote:
    X2

Inexpensive, great hatch rates, extremely easy to use. I HIGHLY recommend it! In fact I want another one! [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. Faerytalefarm

Faerytalefarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2011
    Quote:
    X2

Inexpensive, great hatch rates, extremely easy to use. I HIGHLY recommend it! In fact I want another one! [​IMG] [​IMG]

X3!
    Ditching both these LG's this week for the Brinsea. I've looked and looked and decided on this model for it's extremely low maintenance. These LG's require you basically carry them around with you!

8. Faerytalefarm

Faerytalefarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2011
    Quote:NICE! Thanks for that info!

9. bikerchic

bikerchic Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 22, 2011
    Virginia
    LOVE, LOVE the Brinsea! I am even asking for another one for Christmas.

10. cva34

cva34 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 10, 2011
    Van Vleck ,TX
    Quote:Gail who are we ordering from...THX ...cva34

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by