I need help ! Hatching ducklings !

Kateduckmumtobe

Hatching
Jun 1, 2020
I need help ! My eggs are on day 29 and they were wobbling around like mad but nothing so I put a small safety hole in the air pocket and nothing for 24hrs so I decided to intervene. I have pulled some more egg away to realise they were shrink wrapped all I could see was white paper like membrane. I have now wet and oiled them and I’m stuck ! I don’t know what to do next and I am really panicking 😢

Have they internally pipped? If so, should the membrane be bloodless, carefully remove the membrane on the rounded end to determine if the duckling is alive. If so, remove enough shell and membrane so the duckling can wriggle free.

Have they internally pipped? If so, should the membrane be bloodless, carefully remove the membrane on the rounded end to determine if the duckling is alive. If so, remove enough shell and membrane so the duckling can wriggle free.
I thought they had internally piped when candeling then when I made the small hole I noticed it was all white inside which I googled and it said shrink wrapped? So I opened the up the air bubble end and wet the membrane and now don’t know what to do next as they are very veiny ?

What kind of ducks? If the veins are full of blood it is too soon to assist. Day 29? Are you sure you counted the days right? The day after they were put in the incubator is day 1.

What kind of ducks? If the veins are full of blood it is too soon to assist. Day 29? Are you sure you counted the days right? The day after they were put in the incubator is day 1.
Magpie ducks and yes I did count that? Will they be ok just as long as I leave them ?

Attachments

• 6A35ABB6-1FCB-46BC-A3E0-F4088FE7BF45.jpeg
    6A35ABB6-1FCB-46BC-A3E0-F4088FE7BF45.jpeg
    204.5 KB · Views: 2
Is the duckling alive? has the bill penetrated the membrane? Are those veins full of blood? Normally the membrane should be milky white if blood is still present.

Yes, I can understand why you're confused. Keep humidity as high as you can to keep the membrane from drying out. This is not something I've seen before. Post this under the forum, "Emergencies..."

Back
Top Bottom