I need help identifying my "Easter Babies"

albowha

Hatching
May 26, 2015
I'm somewhat new to chickens and I got these five ladies on Easter day from our local flea market. They were said to be sex links. I estimate them to be about 18 weeks old. I have two black, one is mostly a solid black, the other has a lot of blue on her back as well as gold/red flecks on her neck and chest. And I have 3 red ones, two look very similar to one another, mostly a darker red on top with lighter red feathers on the bottom and a few very dark feathers in the tail, one girl however has a mixture of much darker feathers on her back and very pretty longer blue feathers in her tail. My boyfriend thought she was a top at one point, but she shows no other signs (that I know of) to indicate roo. None of them have started laying yet, that I've seen anyways, I keep a close eye on the eggs my ladies lay and So far all the eggs I've collected are the normal ones from my other 6 layers.
So mainly I'm just curious to know if I do indeed have sex links or if they're a mix and if my one girl is a roo instead?

You have two cockerels. The production red in the first picture. And the darker red bird in the 5th through 7th pictures.

You have two cockerels.  The production red in the first picture.  And the darker red bird in the 5th through 7th pictures.

That's the same bird, so she is for sure a he? Even though it hasn't shown any other rooster signs? (I've had other roosters before that were younger and crowing/being territorial towards the ladies/showed signs of spur development/etc)
Thank you!

good enough - too hard when a bunch of birds crammed in a photo and every photo seems the same - and none of them are very clear

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom