I need help in identifying my new chicks. Thank you.

monica92562

Hatching
Aug 4, 2016

The chick in the top pic Jackie (black mixed color) was born on 7/7/16, so almost 4 weeks old. The two chicks in the bottom pic were born on 7/8/16. (Phoebe white chick and Dixie brown chick.) They all are almost 4 weeks old. Can anyone shed light on breed and hen vs. rooster? They have female names, but I realize I may have some roos. Thank you for any help you all may have on this topic.

The white one and the brown one look to mixed breed cockerels. The black one also looks to be a cockerel to me "but I'm not 100% sure". Its got a very heavy built body and legs, and the comb is getting red already. As far as the black ones breed...perhaps an Australorp but it very well could be a mixed breed as well.

The white one and the brown one look to mixed breed cockerels. The black one also looks to be a cockerel to me "but I'm not 100% sure". Its got a very heavy built body and legs, and the comb is getting red already. As far as the black ones breed...perhaps an Australorp but it very well could be a mixed breed as well.
x3

Back
Top Bottom