I need help real bad.Model 1502 Bator

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by hairco, Mar 23, 2015.

1. hairco

hairco Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 7, 2013
    A friend gave me this Bator and i think it has a electronic switch and the waffer thing also and i have been turning the Waffel Thermostat and i was wondering which one i should use i think i have both on and i never hear it cut of. So please tell me what to do.U can look in my pictures and u will see my bator and all it has on it.Thanks

2. Nobogez

Nobogez New Egg

Feb 4, 2015
    Here is a link to the instructions. I have a Dickey Incubator with both electronic and wafer thermostat. On mine the wafer was used as a safety. I set it 1st at 102 degrees, then set the electronic at 99.

https://www.gqfmfg.com/pdf/Cabinet Model Instructions.pdf

3. WalnutHill

WalnutHill Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 16, 2014
    SE Michigan
  4. HatchCraft

HatchCraft Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 15, 2011
    North Florida
    You are operating on the electronic thermostat only . Your incubator is missing parts. I don't see a wafer in the photos. I see the micro-switch and bracket. Your type of incubator would require you to manually switch between the wafer and electronic thermostat. Only one can be plugged in at a time. On many of the sportman incubators the wafer thermostat was wired in series as an automatic backup if the primary thermostat failed, but not this model.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by