I need help sexing/figuring out how to separate

Shugercube

Songster
Apr 17, 2022
Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
Hi all. First time with quail. I hatched these guys 7/23, they're 6 weeks exactly. I had only 4 out of 12 eggs hatch. Of the 4, one started crowing a few days ago. No crowing or eggs from the others. They are all coturnix, but from my understanding were kept all together regardless of color. So I'm not even sure what "color" they are, or how to sex them until they either crow or lay.

I woke up this morning to my one known male scalped. I've separated him, but now I don't know what to do... I'm assuming this means at least one other male in the cage, but how can I figure out what's what before any other injuries occur?

Hi all. First time with quail. I hatched these guys 7/23, they're 6 weeks exactly. I had only 4 out of 12 eggs hatch. Of the 4, one started crowing a few days ago. No crowing or eggs from the others. They are all coturnix, but from my understanding were kept all together regardless of color. So I'm not even sure what "color" they are, or how to sex them until they either crow or lay.

I woke up this morning to my one known male scalped. I've separated him, but now I don't know what to do... I'm assuming this means at least one other male in the cage, but how can I figure out what's what before any other injuries occur?
Can you send pics if not you’re going to need to vent sex them.

Back
Top Bottom