I need help with Cuban Spanish again

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Dar, May 21, 2011.

1. Dar

Dar Overrun With Chickens

Jul 31, 2008
    Bablefish failed to translate this for me.. most times i can get the idea of what my friend is trying to say but this one is kinda lost...

Cómo están Darlene y Mike quisiera decirles que los extraño mucho a todos, aquí en Cuba mucho calor y un sol muy fuerte tengo muchos deseos que llegue Noviembre para volver a verlos y compartir juntos en familia

thanks guys...

2. perolane

perolane Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2010
    Louisiana
    Quote:I believe they're asking if they can visit in November with the family.

I could be wrong! [​IMG]

3. Dar

Jul 31, 2008
    Quote:I believe they're asking if they can visit in November with the family.

I could be wrong! [​IMG]

see thats what I thought too but WE are going to Cuba with the whole family for his birthday in november....

4. pdsavage

pdsavage Sussex Monarch

Mar 27, 2008
    NW,Missouri
    Im getting that they can't wait to be together as a family in November.

5. sfw2

sfw2 Global Menace

Quote:That's what I think, too. Punctuationless Spanish is just as incomprehensible as punctuationless English! [​IMG]

6. key west chick

key west chick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2008
    Gainesville, GA
    Hmmm, and something about very hot in the sun in Cuba.

7. key west chick

key west chick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2008
    Gainesville, GA
    And they find something very strange. Hmmm, idk, my Cuban slang is not what it used to be.

8. perolane

perolane Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2010
    Louisiana
    Quote:Then this must be it!! [​IMG] Hope you guys don't have your wires crossed & all go to different places in November!! [​IMG]

9. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    Quote:LOL, Dar, I did the last one, I remember it! [​IMG]

The key is to translate the intention, thought and feeling of the whole thing, not just the direct translation of the words.

"How are you Darlene and Mike, I want to tell you I miss you all very much, here in Cuba it's very hot and the sun is very strong. I am really hoping that November will come soon, to see you again and join together as family."

That's the gist of it, not a word for word. I did add some punctuation to make it an easier read. [​IMG]

10. Dar

Jul 31, 2008
    Quote:LOL, Dar, I did the last one, I remember it! [​IMG]

The key is to translate the intention, thought and feeling of the whole thing, not just the direct translation of the words.

"How are you Darlene and Mike, I want to tell you I miss you all very much, here in Cuba it's very hot and the sun is very strong. I am really hoping that November will come soon, to see you again and join together as family."

That's the gist of it, not a word for word. I did add some punctuation to make it an easier read. [​IMG]

LOL thanks so much... when we are there his brother in law translates for us but on the internet I think he goes to his friends house to send the messages who does not speak a word of english...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by