i need help with my gold sexlink

Status
Not open for further replies.

smiliefase11

In the Brooder
8 Years
Mar 9, 2011
i have a gold sex link, but she has a muff and is very white and yellow. ive looked up plenty of pictures and all of the sex link hens are red with freckles.

Gold sex link females should be mostly red with white under fluff, and they don't have muffs. Are you sure yours isn't an EE? What color are the legs?

Quote:
definitely EE.

ETA: Or Ameracauna, I've never actually seen a Ameracauna before so idk. The legs are blue/green, if she was a gold sexlink her legs wouldn't be that color.

Last edited:
i would agree if she wasnt solid yellow as a chick, becuase the only pix of EE chicks ive found that are solid yellow are silver ameraucana or lavender, or blue ameraucana. the ameraucana has a distinctive pattern. Ill also have a better idea when she starts laying. but shes the only gold sexlink i have that is yellow! shes very bossy. and dislikes all the other chickens, she prefers her dogs :] i also bought ameraucanas when i bought her and they were all the same almost. the gold sexlink pullets i have right now look perfectly like she did but of course they are getting red feathers.

any ameraucans like her?? i did buy her as a gold sex link lol, and ended up with a mystery pullet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom