I need help!!!

Pics

Mollyblooms8

In the Brooder
Dec 18, 2020
Hello,
My name is Molly and I’m new here. I started a little hobby farm this year and have 3 Pygmy goats and 3 Khaki Campbell ducks.
I need some help with my ducks.
My girl Fynn started laying last Thursday for the first time, I was told to collect the eggs everyday so I have, I marked them and they are sitting on my counter... I would like to hatch some if possible( I bought an incubator) but I’m not sure if I made a mistake by collecting everyday? The only reason I did this is b/c I live in Ontario Canada and since last week it’s been really cold here -23 so I didn’t want the eggs to freeze if I left them until she had her full clutch.
Can someone please help or guide me into the right direction. I don’t want to screw up 🤦‍♀️
Thanks

Hi, welcome to BYC!
I'm not a hatching expert, but I collect them. I'm in Alberta and it's pretty cold here too, so I wouldn't leave them if it was me. :idunno

Hi and thank you!
okay that sounds good to me, it’s too dang cold to leave them out!
Do you hatch your own?
I try to hatch my own. Never had success, but that's because I was using a junky $25 thing I wouldn't really call it an incubator but I guess. I'm ordering a $300 on today I hope though!
So no I guess I don't really have experience, but I've read that you collect them. Good luck!

I try to hatch my own. Never had success, but that's because I was using a junky $25 thing I wouldn't really call it an incubator but I guess. I'm ordering a $300 on today I hope though!
So no I guess I don't really have experience, but I've read that you collect them. Good luck!
Well hopefully with your new incubator you will have great success!
so, just grab them daily and leave them at room temp until it’s time to incubate?
the guy I bought my ducks from says not to use the first 6 eggs, they aren’t good for hatching but not to start incubating till day 10 from the first one?! I’m so confused but that would mean I would put them in tomorrow since her first egg was laid last Thursday???!!! Lord love a duck 🦆 lol

so, just grab them daily and leave them at room temp until it’s time to incubate?
the guy I bought my ducks from says not to use the first 6 eggs, they aren’t good for hatching but not to start incubating till day 10 from the first one?! I’m so confused but that would mean I would put them in tomorrow since her first egg was laid last Thursday???!!! Lord love a duck 🦆 lol
:idunno :confused: :idunno :confused:
Nobody who knows seems to be replying so I'm gonna tag some people.
@Kiki don't know if you have ducks, but I know you're good at hatching. @Isaac 0 don't know if you hatch ducks or not sorry.
@Corbdee I know you're going to so maybe you know something? Guys I'm really sorry if you don't know anything about incubating or ducks, I just want @Mollyblooms8 to have success

:idunno :confused: :idunno :confused:
Nobody who knows seems to be replying so I'm gonna tag some people.
@Kiki don't know if you have ducks, but I know you're good at hatching. @Isaac 0 don't know if you hatch ducks or not sorry.
@Corbdee I know you're going to so maybe you know something? Guys I'm really sorry if you don't know anything about incubating or ducks, I just want @Mollyblooms8 to have success
I’ve hatched ducks several times

These eggs you are collecting are the very first eggs laid?

Back
Top Bottom