I NEED HELP

Puff_and_Waddles

In the Brooder
Dec 13, 2020
Charlotte, NC
I need some SERIOUS help with my poor duck Waddles! She’s one of my first pair of ducks, so I’m new to all issues regarding ducks. According to the research I’ve done, I THINK she possibly has wet feather, she definitely has bumblefoot on both feet, and she might also have a gimp foot! PLEASE does anyone know how I can possibly help her?! What’s the fix for wet feather, and is there anyway I ca help her potentially gimp foot? I’ve been treating the bumblefoot.

I need some SERIOUS help with my poor duck Waddles! She’s one of my first pair of ducks, so I’m new to all issues regarding ducks. According to the research I’ve done, I THINK she possibly has wet feather, she definitely has bumblefoot on both feet, and she might also have a gimp foot! PLEASE does anyone know how I can possibly help her?! What’s the fix for wet feather, and is there anyway I ca help her potentially gimp foot? I’ve been treating the bumblefoot.
where do you keep them. sometimes wet feather happens in winter and sometimes they’ll get bumble foot because of a cut or something but they definitely shouldn’t all be happening at once

definitely see a vet

where do you keep them. sometimes wet feather happens in winter and sometimes they’ll get bumble foot because of a cut or something but they definitely shouldn’t all be happening at once

definitely see a vet
I keep my ducks outside in our closed run. I let them out about every day to free roam. Ever since I discovered the bumblefoot (I saw that my duck couldn’t walk and was dragging herself with her wings) I’ve separated her and she has now been inside the house in a pool of shavings for several days.

I keep my ducks outside in our closed run. I let them out about every day to free roam. Ever since I discovered the bumblefoot (I saw that my duck couldn’t walk and was dragging herself with her wings) I’ve separated her and she has now been inside the house in a pool of shavings for several days.
can you take some pics of the run? how old is she? what do you feed?

ducks need duck feed
Ok honestly I thought ducks needed duck feed too but I feed them nature wise 16% percent protein layer feed pellets and they do fine eating that and eating stuff from the pond and land that they hunt on. They haven’t had any problems I’ve noticed and they really haven’t slowed down on egg production either. But I’ve been wrong before and I hope someone can help with the ducks 😁

Ok honestly I thought ducks needed duck feed too but I feed them nature wise 16% percent protein layer feed pellets and they do fine eating that and eating stuff from the pond and land that they hunt on. They haven’t had any problems I’ve noticed and they really haven’t slowed down on egg production either. But I’ve been wrong before and I hope someone can help with the ducks 😁
if they get supplements it’s fine like if yours have pond access all day they’ll be good with chicken feed and mine get flock raiser but they also get daily salads and bugs. but if it’s the only thing they are getting it won’t be good

Back
Top Bottom