I need help!

Peck peck

Chirping
Oct 30, 2019
So last night my chicken linda lou was attacked by a fox. There is a lot of feathers missing but she did not get hurt badly there is no teeth puncture wounds the fox just beat the tar out of her! I saw it running away with one of my other chickens so one got eaten and one is traumatized/ in very bad shock. I don’t know if she is going to make it but I want to help her as much as I can what should i do?

Attachments

• DD8850B0-4BFC-4EFC-B79C-0B480D07A527.jpeg
    DD8850B0-4BFC-4EFC-B79C-0B480D07A527.jpeg
    485.7 KB · Views: 38
So last night my chicken linda lou was attacked by a fox. There is a lot of feathers missing but she did not get hurt badly there is no teeth puncture wounds the fox just beat the tar out of her! I saw it running away with one of my other chickens so one got eaten and one is traumatized/ in very bad shock. I don’t know if she is going to make it but I want to help her as much as I can what should i do?

She also won’t stand and she barely eat I have her in one of the nesting boxes.
She may have suffered internal injuries. Foxes squeeze, so your mention of the fox beat the tar out of her is concerning.

Re-check for injury/wounds and look for evidence of bruising (green skin).

Work on hydrating her. Electrolytes or a little sugar water. Make fresh water available as well. If you need to, syringe fluids into her.

Yes after rexamining her there appears to be lots of bruises and I found a couple spots where it looks like the skin tore when the feathers were being pulled out.
Give her time to recover.
Is she eating/drinking a little?
Hopefully she will start to improve over the course of several days. If she's outside and is not moving about much, it's important to look her over at least once a day to make sure her backside is clean and you are removing any waste. Warm weather, poop and a sitting chicken attracts flies. Flies lay eggs and that's bad news for the chicken.

Hopefully she will start to improve over the course of several days. If she's outside and is not moving about much, it's important to look her over at least once a day to make sure her backside is clean and you are removing any waste. Warm weather, poop and a sitting chicken attracts flies. Flies lay eggs and that's bad news for the chicken.
She drinks a lot and eats a little I put blue kote on the wounds and I take her out of nesting box to poop and I clean up anything in the nesting box/ crate. She does seem to be doing a little better today.

Update she sadly passed away tonight 😭😦 Thank you for your help though.

Back
Top Bottom