I need help

Tye_

Chirping
6 Years
Jan 19, 2017
I've got a banty rooster from a lady who couldn't keep him due to her chickens beating him up... He has been here for just a week and today he looks not good... He eats but I haven't seen him drink anything... His comb is discolored and his feathers are fluffed up... In my 22 years of having chickens I've never had this happen before. I don't know if he's stressed cold or what.

Attachments

• IMG_20210729_101101155.jpg
    IMG_20210729_101101155.jpg
    343.1 KB · Views: 20
I get feed from tractor supply. Ive never took a chickens temp and don't have anything for that and no he's not.. never had to quarantine chickens befor

No, the temperature of wherever he is. It's best to quarantine birds that you did not get as chicks from a hatchery or hatch yourself because if they're sick, they can spread it to everyone else.
He did I do believe came from the same person I've got mine from. But I been thinking he may have dumb dumb syndromes. I did have a chicken like that before.

He did I do believe came from the same person I've got mine from. But I been thinking he may have dumb dumb syndromes. I did have a chicken like that before.
If the birds came from another property, they need to be quarantined. You yourself have to receive the chicks from the hatchery if you don't want to necessarily quarantine. A lot can get a bird sick between arriving as a chick and his age now

If the birds came from another property, they need to be quarantined. You yourself have to receive the chicks from the hatchery if you don't want to necessarily quarantine. A lot can get a bird sick between arriving as a chick and his age no
So far he is the first one I've had to keep away from others.
The one I got him from did pamper him and here he doesn't get that.

Back
Top Bottom