I need help

Since he's been moved to new ground it could be coccidiosis, the incubation period is 5-6 days. What do his droppings look like?
Also possible that he was sick with something before you got him, and that's why the others were attacking him. If you suspect coccidiosis then I'd get him started on Corid ASAP.

Since he's been moved to new ground it could be coccidiosis, the incubation period is 5-6 days. What do his droppings look like?
Also possible that he was sick with something before you got him, and that's why the others were attacking him. If you suspect coccidiosis then I'd get him started on Corid ASAP.
The lady I got him from said her hens were so mean to him. My chickens pecked at him for 3 days and he was fine. Right now he is acting like he need some water. Plus it's been pretty cold here.

Coccidiosis is very common. In the US Corid is the most common treatment, available at tractor supply stores and many feed stores. If you are in another country then you need a medication with amprolium in it. It's very safe, and if in doubt I'd treat him.

Coccidiosis is very common. In the US Corid is the most common treatment, available at tractor supply stores and many feed stores. If you are in another country then you need a medication with amprolium in it. It's very safe, and if in doubt I'd treat him.
Alright thank you I'll see what I can do when I get paid this week

If it's coccidiosis, then time is not your friend. If that's what it is, then depending on what strain it is, they can go from sick to dead in a very short time. The meds generally cost just under $20 and you mix with water. If you can't get any, ask the person you got him from (or anyone else you know that has chickens) if they have any on hand, you can replace theirs later. The sooner you get him started the better chance he has at recovering. Sorry to sound grim, but it is very often fatal if not treated quickly.
2202129.jpg

1033284.jpg

If it's coccidiosis, then time is not your friend. If that's what it is, then depending on what strain it is, they can go from sick to dead in a very short time. The meds generally cost just under $20 and you mix with water. If you can't get any, ask the person you got him from (or anyone else you know that has chickens) if they have any on hand, you can replace theirs later. The sooner you get him started the better chance he has at recovering. Sorry to sound grim, but it is very often fatal if not treated quickly.
View attachment 2777599
View attachment 2777600
Alright and I'm really not afraid of losing him. Just lost 40 Chickens due to a fox. I also got water in him and he seems more alive

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom