I need help

Shadowglare

Chirping
Nov 12, 2021
My hen is a rescue so she's about 2 years old. Today she did a lot of head jerking, and ended up like vomiting. I don't know what else to do. I would like to know what's wrong with her since she never did that before.

Is your hen a former battery hen (from an egg farm)? What breed is she?

You might try giving her try giving her polyvisol infant liquid vitamin (WITHOUT iron). Give her 1/2 of the provided syringe. I believe it’s .5 ml….you can find it at your local grocery pharmacy or Amazon for ab $10. Other members with similar issues report it helps a lot. Try also syringed her pedialyte or other electrolytes and water.

How long have you had the bird? If she is recent, you may want to isolate her from the other birds.

Is your hen a former battery hen (from an egg farm)? What breed is she?

You might try giving her try giving her polyvisol infant liquid vitamin (WITHOUT iron). Give her 1/2 of the provided syringe. I believe it’s .5 ml….you can find it at your local grocery pharmacy or Amazon for ab $10. Other members with similar issues report it helps a lot. Try also syringed her pedialyte or other electrolytes and water.

How long have you had the bird? If she is recent, you may want to isolate her from the other birds.
I don't know if she was originally. I think she's a Buff Golden Sexlink mix. I've been using apple cider vinegar to help with the electrolytes since I started rasing chickens. I've had Goldy for a year now, and never had her do this. I had a chicken that was a Black Australorp that had the same symptoms and passed away last year. I just don't want to lose another chicken due to the same symptoms.

Back
Top Bottom