I need help!!!

She needs permethrin treatment as the infestation is quite bad.

Bathing her could stress her past her tolerance and she could die since she is already weak.

Cleaning the coop means removing all bedding and nest material and spraying every surface with a permethrin spray paying extra attention to the nooks and crannies.
Hey! I bought this product from tractor supply since they didn’t have permethrin or any other product, do you think this will work?

Attachments

• 7BB3A1A9-F9EC-47AA-80A0-BA4EFCB00D65.jpeg
    7BB3A1A9-F9EC-47AA-80A0-BA4EFCB00D65.jpeg
    379.5 KB · Views: 1
Hey! I bought this product from tractor supply since they didn’t have permethrin or any other product, do you think this will work?

Potassium sorbate is listed as the active ingredient. It is a food preservative additive.

Personally I have not used it but have serious doubts it would act effectively or quickly on an active infestation.

Tractor supply should have had the permethrin product available.

I would return that stuff and get a permethrin product.

Potassium sorbate is listed as the active ingredient. It is a food preservative additive.

Personally I have not used it but have serious doubts it would act effectively or quickly on an active infestation.

Tractor supply should have had the permethrin product available.

I would return that stuff and get a permethrin product.
Oh okay thank you. I asked the store employee and they said they do not have it in stock. It does say it will protect from mites and ticks but I’m not sure if it’ll kill the lices

Oh okay thank you. I asked the store employee and they said they do not have it in stock. It does say it will protect from mites and ticks but I’m not sure if it’ll kill the lices

Protect from is very hard to prove effectiveness.
If I use xyz and my birds never get mites does it mean it was the reason they didn't? Not necessarily. Maybe those birds were never exposed or were not weak enough for the mites to get bad.

Potassium sorbate is basically salt water without the salty taste.

Your bird had an extremely bad infestation. You need, or rather she/they need a reliable proven product.

Back
Top Bottom