I need help!!!

noormahmood

In the Brooder
Apr 9, 2022
I have a sick hen whos been in my house for more than a week. She has these little super tiny insects on her i don’t know what they are. I really need help on how to get rid of them. Those insects have went on me and I’ve been struggling so much because they make my skin super itchy. Please help. I provided a photo of the insects

Attachments

• BB6A4DE1-D82E-4468-A02B-3CB9910EF077.jpeg
    BB6A4DE1-D82E-4468-A02B-3CB9910EF077.jpeg
    476.3 KB · Views: 13
Also a full cleaning and treatment of the coop is needed. Repeat the treatment in 7 to 10 days to get all the newly hatched bugs.

They are blood suckers and can kill the birds.

Also a full cleaning and treatment of the coop is needed. Repeat the treatment in 7 to 10 days to get all the newly hatched bugs.

They are blood suckers and can kill the birds.
I always clean the coop. Do you think cleaning her with water will help? Or any thing mixed with water?

She needs permethrin treatment as the infestation is quite bad.

Bathing her could stress her past her tolerance and she could die since she is already weak.

Cleaning the coop means removing all bedding and nest material and spraying every surface with a permethrin spray paying extra attention to the nooks and crannies.

She needs permethrin treatment as the infestation is quite bad.

Bathing her could stress her past her tolerance and she could die since she is already weak.

Cleaning the coop means removing all bedding and nest material and spraying every surface with a permethrin spray paying extra attention to the nooks and crannies.
Where could I get the permethrin from do you know any places?

Read the inside label carefully for mixing instructions on Permethrin 10. The ready to use and permethrin garden dust is also available as well at TSC and other feed stores. Those could be mites. Look carefully with a magnifier. Lice have 6 legs, and mites have 8. Treat at least twice with permethrin dust or spray at 7 day intervals for mites, and 10 day intervals for lice. The coop bedding should be removed far away, the coop and roosts treated with permethrin, and new bedding added to nests and the coop floor. Here is a good link to read with pictures of lice and mites:
https://the-chicken-chick.com/poultry-lice-and-mites-identification/

Back
Top Bottom