I Need Help

Lextextrapper

Songster
10 Years
May 5, 2009
Lexington, TX
Can anyone help me determine the sex of these Silver Appleyard ducks? These are my first ducks and I have no idea. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
30370_10-04-09_005.jpg

30370_10-04-09_002.jpg

30370_10-04-09_003.jpg

I would say the top one is a drake. Has a small curl on the tail, darker head and greenish beak. The other two are hens.

Just my guess.

How old are they? 4 - 5 months? That drake won't look like a drake with full coloring until 7 - 9 months old. He should grow much larger than the females and his tail will get a curl to it.

Your ducks are about 2 1/2 weeks older than mine
wee.gif
and i agree, you are lucky! I love it when the odds work out in our favor. from the ducklings i kept from my july hatch I have one male and two females!! Plus the scovie i bought that conveniently turned out to be a girl.

Those are some beauties. You do have a drake and two ducks! That is awesome! I have had a bumper year for females too. Every hatch I have done has been 50-70% girls. It seldom seems to happen that way!

That little tail curl gives it away. His head should turn green over the next month or so. Handsome fellow....and the girls are gorgeous!

Back
Top Bottom