I need help...

Quote:
I don't know what's worse...you actually typing it, or me googling it to try and figure it out. Either way....WOW.

I agree, go with 42, seems sensible enough.

Now we KNOW it's not 42. Go with the other answer.

Quote:
I think that it is more the principle of knowing and understanding the process. For example, I work in contaminated groundwater. While I can say that I NEVER use those equations, I can say that I understand how contaminants break down over time because I had to learn these reactions. Knowing that these reactions can occur with or without some catalyst is better (to me anyway) than just thinking the contaminant X is now Y because the bacteria ate it and it pooped out Y. (Though I am not a nerd enough to EVER walk around explaining this to people. I prefer it to sit in the back of my mind.
tongue.png
).

And...it is required to learn for most general chemistry classes.
roll.png

Glad someone else is smart enough to care about such things while the rest of us sit in ignorance.
thumbsup.gif

Quote:
I don't know what's worse...you actually typing it, or me googling it to try and figure it out. Either way....WOW.

I agree, go with 42, seems sensible enough.

Maybe it's 43.

Last edited:
Quote:
I think that it is more the principle of knowing and understanding the process. For example, I work in contaminated groundwater. While I can say that I NEVER use those equations, I can say that I understand how contaminants break down over time because I had to learn these reactions. Knowing that these reactions can occur with or without some catalyst is better (to me anyway) than just thinking the contaminant X is now Y because the bacteria ate it and it pooped out Y. (Though I am not a nerd enough to EVER walk around explaining this to people. I prefer it to sit in the back of my mind.
tongue.png
).

And...it is required to learn for most general chemistry classes.
roll.png

Glad someone else is smart enough to care about such things while the rest of us sit in ignorance.
thumbsup.gif

I like chemistry and geology (I am geologist, so I better!
tongue.png
), but other sciences...not so much. Physics and I have a STRONG dislike for one another and I don't like biology. I used to think about being a vet...but it requires biology. No thanks. And as for chem...it has to relate to geology somehow...biochemistry is just as bad as regular 'ol biology.
sickbyc.gif
Oh...and math...I like trig, but anything above that (like calculus, etc), no thanks. I'd rather go muck the coop.

Quote:
thumbsup.gif

tongue.png
), but other sciences...not so much. Physics and I have a STRONG dislike for one another and I don't like biology. I used to think about being a vet...but it requires biology. No thanks. And as for chem...it has to relate to geology somehow...biochemistry is just as bad as regular 'ol biology.
sickbyc.gif
Oh...and math...I like trig, but anything above that (like calculus, etc), no thanks. I'd rather go muck the coop.

Some organic chemistry and some biology I liked.. atleast I think I did..
The maths.. NO WAY.
Not sure how I ever passed some of those classes..

Quote:
tongue.png
sickbyc.gif

Some organic chemistry and some biology I liked.. atleast I think I did..
The maths.. NO WAY.
Not sure how I ever passed some of those classes..

I loved driver's ed.

Back
Top Bottom