i need help!!

chickens 1970

Hatching
8 Years
Jan 11, 2012
i want to buy 200 pullets ans 25 -30 cocks of australorps. the total would be 380 for all of them. what other breed is a good layer, what egg production are they?

WOW that is a lot of chickens!

just curious, I dont even know how to ask this, but wont you need a GIANT coop? I mean huge. how are you doing this?

Are you wanting them for egg production or to hatch and sell chicks? Will they free range? If you are wanting a Great Egg Layer I personally think the Red and Black Sex Links are the best Brown Egg Layers HANDS DOWN. There food to egg ratio is much better than standard Fowl. I raise between 60 and 80 Females at a time. I get on average 90%+ egg production on average and 95%+ for the first season Pullets. If you don't care about the Egg Color then White Leghorns or Hy-line Hybrids are great! If I dont hatch my own Red Sex Links I have bought from Central Hatchery Before and they have great prices I think $110 for 100 Pullets + shipping. What size coop do you have to house all those birds? I have a 12x20 for mine and they usually free range 90% of the time.

Nate

Are you wanting them for egg production or to hatch and sell chicks? Will they free range? If you are wanting a Great Egg Layer I personally think the Red and Black Sex Links are the best Brown Egg Layers HANDS DOWN. There food to egg ratio is much better than standard Fowl. I raise between 60 and 80 Females at a time. I get on average 90%+ egg production on average and 95%+ for the first season Pullets. If you don't care about the Egg Color then White Leghorns or Hy-line Hybrids are great! If I dont hatch my own Red Sex Links I have bought from Central Hatchery Before and they have great prices I think $110 for 100 Pullets + shipping. What size coop do you have to house all those birds? I have a 12x20 for mine and they usually free range 90% of the time.

Nate

are they the sil go links?

Yeah they are the sil go sex link. They are great layers and pretty cheap compared to most hatcheries. I have a friend who has the parent stock for a RSL (RIR x Delaware) and I have hatched my own this year but i will probably order from central next year. It is much easier to have all of the birds the same age. My birds are about 3-4 weeks apart in age and its time consuming when they are more than 2 weeks apart. Because of heating.

A 50x40 barn is huge! Do you sell a lot of eating eggs?

Nate

Back
Top Bottom